Flaws

Angelina's POV:

I woke up to Lucas's arm still wrapped around me. He was still asleep, thankfully. I had to get out of there. I had to get out of there before he woke up. If I went out the front door, his parents might see me, so I guess I'll go out his window to the fire escape and climb down to my apartment. I would have to get dressed, though. No way was I climbing down in these. I go over to his bathroom, sneaking out of his grip, and close the door quietly behind me. I get dressed in my teal sweater and black jeans. I put on my glasses, accidentally leaving my contacts at home, and then walk out of the bathroom only to see Lucas awake. Great.

Lucas's POV:

I woke up when she moved my arm off. I wonder why she would try and sneak off like that. Was she embarrassed? I heard the bathroom door and look over to see Angelina come out. She wore her glasses today, which for some reason, made her at least ten times cuter. When she saw me, she looked down and started picking at her sweater. So she was embarrassed then. There was nothing to be embarrassed about, in my opinion. I would want her to come to me with any kind of uncertainty, or fear, for the rest of our lives. I wanted to comfort her. I wanted to be her support system. She had nothing to be embarrassed about.

"Good morning." I greet. Maybe if I don't bring up the nightmare, she might feel more comfortable.

"Morning." She mumbles out. Maybe not then. This was going to be more challenging than I thought. Plus, I also need her to eat something this morning as well. I didn't have some kind of fancy breakfast, and it would probably be some kind of toast or cereal or something, but she needed to eat something. I didn't know how I was going to make her this morning. Because last time I used the guilt card, but I didn't have that this time. I would figure something out, though.

"Come on. Let's go eat some breakfast." I say. Let's get this over with. I didn't like seeing her uncomfortable or upset, but she had to eat. It had to be done.

"Actually, I have to head back to my apartment this morning."

"Why?"

"I uh, I forgot my contact lenses." So now she was clearly just trying to get out whether that was true or not.

"You look better in glasses anyway. It will be fine for the day."

She looked defeated, which is the last look I wanted to see on her face, so I had to remind myself that this was for her health. Whether she knew it, or not this was for her benefit. "O-ok." She mumbled.

I lead her to the kitchen and give her a piece of toast with some Rasberry jam on it. While she eats, I get ready, scarf down my own piece of toast, and then we head to school.

Angelina's POV:

When Lucas walks away from the kitchen, I look around and then quickly threw the food in the trash. I felt terrible for wasting it, but I didn't need it. I mean, what if that dream was a warning? What if they were about to betray me? I needed to start keeping my distance from them from now on. It was nice having friends again, especially Maya and Lucas, but I couldn't risk being hurt because of it. I needed to get back to a good weight and just stay away from them.

We got to school, and we walk to the classroom. Instead of taking my usual seat by Maya, I go to the back. They all look at me, but there was not another seat, so they had to sit in their regular spots. Mr. Matthews comes in, looks at me, then at them. They shrug, so he continues as usual. "Graduation and awards night is coming up. I am very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year." Mr. Matthews said.

Maya stands up, slams her hand on the desk, and then says, "Awards are a scam. A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance."  She looks at Riley.