22. Patience Waning

Start from the beginning

He never wanted to have her wait for him again.

"Jeon, wait up." Taehyung's voice caught up to him as they reached the porch steps, seeing Namjoon and Reyna. "Dude, seriously stop."

Taehyung reached out, placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder; "Get off me."

Jungkook pushed Taehyung's hand from him, only for Taehyung to step back, hands raised in surrender as not to work the bunny up anymore. Jimin stayed behind Taehyung, his hand wrapped into a fist in his shirt, not wanting anything to escalate to much. Even as he saw Namjoon and Reyna move towards them, Jimin and Taehyung stayed a small distance from Jungkook who's chest rose heavily.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I won't touch you if you don't want me to." Taehyung's hands stayed raised, allowing Jungkook to see them, trying to make everything predator about him seem... not. "But you need to calm down before you have a panic attack."

"Jungkook," Reyna's soft voice caused the young man to look towards her, though his attention stayed on the predators around him. "It's okay, just breath deeply, calm down."

Jungkook allowed Reyna to get closer to him, though the other boys knew they wouldn't be welcomed into his space right now. Jimin kept his own hands on Taehyung, who was talking softly to Namjoon, explaining Jungkook's outburst. Namjoon only nodded sadly, watching as Reyna had calmed him down enough to a normal pace of breath. Jungkook's eyes were shut, and from what Namjoon could see, the tension in the youngest shoulders had relaxed some as Reyna bought him into a hug.

"Is everything okay?" Reyna whispered to Jungkook.

"I'm late..." Jungkook pulled back, pulling the sleeves of his jacket over his hands again. "I can't be late again."

Namjoon took a small step toward them, testing the reaction of the bunny; "Jungkook, when have you been late?"

Reyna looked at her husband, confused at the question but trusting him as he moved closer towards them.

"I'm always late." Jungkook looked at his hands, fixing his sleeves into fists. "I'm always... too late."

"Is there a specific time you were late?" Namjoon had a hunch, he just wished he was wrong.

"I should have been home earlier." Jungkook looked up towards the wolf who's ears flicked on his head. "I should have found the farm quicker. I'm always late."

"It's not your fault, Jungkook." Namjoon raised his hands, letting Jungkook watch as he placed them on his shoulder. "None of this is your fault."

"You don't know that." Jungkook stepped back, pushing Namjoon away from him, stepping away at Reyna's slight yell as her husband fell from the force. "None of you actually know. So just... leave me alone."

Jungkook was quick to move up the few stairs of the porch, walking around to the front door to open it with the key he had. Locking the door and triple checking it was locked, Jungkook looked around the empty house, feeling no life within it. Sighing, he knew he acted rash, he was hurting and everyone was treating him like he was made of glass, or a bomb, ready to explode at any given moment. Even he would admit, he was angry, but not for anything someone could say or do to him, his worst nightmare had already happened, he could only live each day punishing himself.

Jungkook made his way to Yoona's office door, his own instincts causing him to raise his hand as if he'd knock. Only for him to step back, turning to the door behind him and opening it, only to lock himself in there like he always did. Moving towards the couch Yoona had helped put in for him, Jungkook took his jacket and shoes off, sitting his phone on the coffee table in front of him. His eyes had scanned the room, all the presents, all the things that secured his life having meaning within Yoona's life sat around him, art supplies, camera, everything. Yet, he hadn't been able to touch a single thing she had gotten for him, not feel worthy enough.