19- Tubbo

WARNING: Mild language and Blood

He panted heavily, his right hand clamped tightly over his left shoulder in a desperate attempt to staunch the blood flow. Quackity fell back, grinning at the blow he'd dealt Tubbo, but Tubbo hadn't let him get away that easily. A quick swipe across the middle had left Big Q with a shallow gash that quickly soaked his tunic.

"I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not," Quackity said with a smile, gripping his sword tightly.

"Yeah, me neither," Tubbo said before darting forward. Quackity raised his blade to defend and he saw the opportunity he'd been waiting for. Using a technique Ranboo had taught him, Tubbo twisted Quackity's wrist against him, causing him to drop his sword.

"Do you yield?" Tubbo asked, sword pointed to his friend's neck.

"Damn," Quackity sighed. "I yield."

He nodded, brushing his hair back from his sweat slicked forehead before offering his hand to Quackity.

"You did well," Tubbo told him as they shook hands. "Really! I'm surprised I beat you."

"I shouldn't have underestimated you," Quackity grinned before doubling over in pain. "Shit, you got me good there."

"I'm sorry!" Tubbo exclaimed, waving over a medic.

"Don't be," Big Q said, gritting his teeth against the pain. "You were only playing by the rules. I knew what I was signing up for."

He was led away by the medic and Tubbo couldn't help but feel remorseful for the pain and damage he'd caused his friend. There was a reason he never liked tournaments and why he'd never participated in them himself. He hated to hurt others, but this time was different. This time, there was a higher goal.

"Good job Tubbo!" Ranboo exclaimed, clapping him on the back.

"Ah!" he winced in pain as his shoulder burned in agony.

"Oh, sorry!" Ranboo gasped, quickly withdrawing his hand. "You should probably get that looked at."

"Yeah," Tubbo nodded, following Ranboo to a medic station that had been set up near the arena that had been constructed in the main courtyard of the castle. As his shoulder was wrapped up by a healer, he looked up to see yet another duel had already begun.

"That's your second duel today," Ranboo said, following Tubbo's gaze. "You should be good for today and tomorrow too, unless a contestant suddenly drops out."

"Sounds good," Tubbo said, wincing as the healer finished wrapping his shoulder and pulled the bandages taut.

"You've done really well," Ranboo said, beaming down at him.

"I wouldn't have done half as well if it hadn't been for your help," Tubbo said, returning his friend's smile. "Really, thank you. I never would have made it this far without your training."

"Oh please," Ranboo said, blushing slightly. "I'm not even that good with a sword myself, I just know how certain techniques are supposed to work. Not that they ever turn out right for me, but they seem to be doing well for you!"

"Definitely!" Tubbo nodded enthusiastically. He'd managed to survive until the third day of the Majesty's Tournament, somehow staying in the running for a shot at being king for a day, but he didn't care about that. All he cared about was the single decree he would get to make. He already knew exactly what it was going to be.

"Ranboo, I want to train more tonight," he said. His friend looked at him, confused.

"Don't you want to take a day to rest? I mean, it probably isn't a great idea to be moving your shoulder around that much anyways, right?"