13- Tubbo

WARNING: Language

Tubbo tossed and turned in his bed, unable to sleep. The events of the day kept flashing through his head, refusing to let him rest in peace. His day had started when a strange man accidentally stumbled into his room, the lock on the door breaking when he'd leaned on it.

"Oh, I'm so sorry about that!" the man exclaimed. "If the door is broken- is it broken? I'll cover any damages caused, oh my god, I can't believe I just did that. I really am sorry."

"D-don't worry about it," Tubbo had stuttered, still in shock.

"Ayyy, good morning amigo!" Quackity grinned, stepping into Tubbo's room as well. "This is my good friend, Ranboo."

"Hey there," Ranboo said, waving awkwardly. "This is really embarrassing."

"H-hi," he said. "Hi."

"Anyways, it's time to start the day!" Quackity continued, crossing to the window and throwing the curtains open. "Council meeting at eight! Trust me man, you don't wanna sleep through your first meeting or big man Dream will have your head!"

Tubbo looked to Ranboo for confirmation and he shrugged.

"What are you waiting for, get ready man!" Big Q said, clapping his hands together. "Let's go! Chop chop!"

"Meet us down in the dining hall when you're ready," Ranboo said, grabbing Quackity and dragging him out of the room. "Again, so sorry about the door!"

With that, the two of them left, shutting poor Tubbo's door behind them with a bang. He groaned, rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. Pulling himself out of bed, he crossed to the wardrobe and was surprised to find clothes tailored to his size in there. He began to unbutton his tattered blue jacket, but stopped halfway down. Looking up, he stared at himself in the full length mirror next to the wardrobe.

The blue coat was special to him. Even with all it's tears and holes from the past few days, the coat was a symbol of their rebellion. Each member had received one the day before the assassination attempt. It was something that defined them, something that unified them. And now he was taking his off. For good.

---

Tubbo made his way down to the dining hall, only having to ask for directions a few times, and saw the place was fairly empty. A few people buzzed in and out of the great room, grabbing some food to go, and hardly anyone was sitting down. Quackity and Ranboo waved to Tubbo, calling him over.

He began his trek along the massive dark oak table that spanned the length of the room. Intricate gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling, attached to large criss-crossing beams of exposed wood. Along the rightmost wall were tall paned windows from which morning light filtered through. It was a beautiful space, he had to admit.

"Good morning T-man!" Quackity grinned. "How'd you sleep?"

"Alright," Tubbo lied.

"I'm really sorry about your door, by the way," Ranboo apologized yet again.

"Don't worry about it," he waved it off as his stomach grumbled loudly.

"Grab something to eat," Quackity said, gesturing to the plates of food that had been set out buffet-style. Slightly overwhelmed by the many options, he opted for the most logical option: toast.

"Really? Hot bread?" Big Q asked, looking at him with disdain. "Out of everything else, you choose hot bread?"

"It's good if you put some jam on it," Tubbo shrugged, doing as he said.

"Seems simple enough," Ranboo commented. "You know, I once made a bowl of cereal."

"Yeah, you and every other child out there," Quackity sad sarcastically.