𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐- 𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥.

Crazy how far this book has come, thank you all for 333K <33 does anyone remember Violet and Serenity?

————————

4 weeks later.
your pov:

I stand bent over the edge of the sink with the ice cold water streaming down my face. I allow the water to carry away all the havoc of my dreams and reset me for the day ahead. I sighed and turned the faucet off, looking into the mirror and grabbing the small hand towel next to me.

"I look like shit..."

 I've been working on physical therapy on my own while everyone else is training. I'm supposed to be resting during that time but what they don't know won't kill them. I can't afford to sit on my ass all day anyways. Keeping myself occupied keeps the memories away.

I walked over to the window and brushed aside the curtain to peak outside. I could always pinpoint Levi in the crowd but for some reason this time I didn't spot him. I could definitely see Hange though. Moblit was screaming at her once again. Even if I couldn't hear them I could see it in his face. One of these days I fear he will collapse from screaming so much.

It was odd watching life move around me. They all seemed the exact same without me, It's like I was never there to begin with.

There was a rhythmic knock at my door and I realized why I hadn't spotted Levi. Two weeks ago he came up with the idea to create a special knock so I wouldn't be paranoid of opening the door. I pulled the curtains shut and went to open the door for him.

It became a general understanding that I was disobeying the nurses orders. Nobody tried to stop me but that's because they knew I wouldn't listen.

"Aren't you supposed to be down there? You know, doing your job...?"

"Hange can handle it, at least I hope. I wanted to ask you something. It's been bugging me since last week."

"Okay...go ahead I guess."

"You're feeling okay walking right?"

"Mhm. It's just sore but as long as I don't bend over or like sway too much then it doesn't hurt too bad."

"Well then I want you to come with me into the city tonight. Miche sent in a piece of Annie's crystal to a geologist to see if there were any potential clues with what it was made of. Hange had taken a look at it but she's not exactly a professional. I have to go pick up the results and I want you to join me. Erwin has also hired someone within the Military Police to gather information on your case, a meeting has been arranged as well."