𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐- 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

---------------Your POV:

---------------
Your POV:

Our world was evolving within the walls. Rod Reiss was gone and Historia had decided to fulfill her role as queen with an announcement to the people of Orvud. Erwin and Hange had business among higher ups of the other military branches as the rulers of the Walls came crashing down. Me, Levi, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin began our search for the journal Taiga left behind. We didn't have much to go on. All we had was the fact that Kenny and Taiga knew each other from their roles in the Military, Taiga had his journal the day I was rescued but it was stolen, and the government has limited, but classified, data on my existence.

The fake king was being ridden off, along with all the corrupt nobles and lords that did his dirty work, in this very moment. Historia was taking over as we spoke, meaning accessing anything government related should come fairly easier than before. 

"Where do we begin?" I asked Levi. All of us were armed with rifles in addition to our ODM gear.

"Let's start at the Capital. Historia is en route there right now, if we meet her there then we'll be able to obtain any documents we need. Tracking down a single notebook will be timely and difficult but it should be manageable."

"It's an important piece of information so I'd doubt they'd burn it or discard it in any way. Although, come to think of it they might try to get rid of it now that Lord Reiss is gone. It's a good idea we start with the Capital." Armin nodded in my direction.

We set off to Mitras and before sundown we arrived at the palace. The higher-ups, Premier Zachary, and MP's were already handling the fake king and his helpers. We got instructions from Commander Pyxis on where to find Historia. 

She had just arrived shortly before us apparently. We found her talking with some of the staff of the castle, explaining her story to them. 

"Historia, can we borrow you for a second?" 

She excused herself and walked over to us. She seemed to have a new attitude, there was a newfound fire in her eyes. This one was fueled by determination. She knew it was her destiny to be standing here in the palace right now. 

We explained to her what we were doing here. She said a good place to start would be with Rod Reiss' things. Searching them should provide the faintest of clues at least. 

Levi's POV: 

We searched the office where Reiss often completed his work. It was barren for the most part. The desk was locked but a key was quickly found within a chest on the book shelf. He seemed to be a "hide in plain sight" kind of guy. 

Mikasa unlocked one of the drawers and opened it. There was a folder inside. (Y/n) grabbed it out and dropped it onto the desk, opening the folder and pulling out the stack of documents on the left side. I grabbed out the stack from the right. On top was just a document about the church within the walls. Flipping through the rest, it was the same. Information on his properties, his will, typical life documents.