𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7- 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚.

————————-Your POV:

————————-
Your POV:

Fuck.

It's been two weeks since I encountered my father. Why hasn't anyone came yet? Was it all a bluff? Was he just trying to scare me into voluntarily going with him? No, there's something else going on. But what? What lengths would they go to get me back, am I really that important to them? I mean I'm a trainee working for the royal government. What are they willing to sacrifice for me?

I just want be able to relax, even if it's only for a moment. I just want to be able to kick back and not be clouded with paranoia.

I just want to be a normal girl who can smile and be happy. I want to be able to have friends without worry and wake up carefree.

...Yeah, I just want to be happy.

There was a knock at my door.  I had been getting ready for the day as usual. But I was on edge, my senses sharper than usual.

Who knows what will happen now that they know my location, my father wouldn't just say that shit. He meant it. Theyre just waiting for a chance to strike. That has to be it.

"(Y/N) let's go" I heard Annie calling from the other side of the door. I quickly slipped on my knee-high brown leather boots and hurried out the door, taking one last look before closing it.

"What's got you so on edge this morning? You look like you've seen a ghost" she looked over at me, we were about the same height.

"What? Oh, it's nothing."

"Well we're late to training. You also missed breakfast since you decided to sleep in again."

"I can't help it, just wake me up next time."

It was silent for a moment until a pair of boots joined in with the clicking of ours. Mentally I jumped to worst case scenario—that it was my captors—but when I turned around it was just Mina. Annie noticed my stop and turned around too. I let out a sigh of relief and mentally scolded myself for getting so freaked out over Mina.

"Oh hey guys! I see you're late too!" She had a soft smile on her face but that dropped once she saw me and Annie's blank expressions.

"Yeah" I said. Me and Annie continued. After a moment Mina joined but keeping a distance between us.

"Hey (y/n)! Do you want join-" Mina shouted. The sudden noise made me jump.

"No thanks."

"Oh...alright then"

When we arrived Mina tried to slip in undetected to avoid punishment via Shadis. Me and Annie just walked in without a care in the world, drawing attention from the other cadets. And of course, Shadis.

"Leonhart! (Y/n)! You're late!"

"Geez, the girl's a bitch and doesn't know how to follow a schedule" someone murmured.

"Yeah, I woke up late." I glanced over at him as I stood in a line next to Annie and saluted.

"That's no excuse! I expect you two to be on time to training!"

"I'll be on time tomorrow sir."

"150 additional laps after training! Both of you!" I felt a little bad that Annie had to join in on my punishment. But then again she could've just left and made it on-time.

"Yes sir" my salute weakened once he walked away. I dropped my arms to my side and waited for further instructions.

ꕥꕥ

After the exhausting hours of training me and Annie had to run 150 laps. To be honest it's less than I expected but I still didn't want to do it.

"Tomorrow you better be up on time. I'm not waiting again."

"I know. I know, you didn't have to wait today though" I sighed and began to pick up my pace into a steady jog. Annie soon joined my side.

"You still haven't explained to me your story."

Why does she want to know so bad?

"It's not something I enjoy sharing."

"I'll tell you one thing about me if you tell me one about you"

"I don't want to talk about it Annie, please stop asking me"

"Fine then." She replied speeding up her pace a little so she'd be ahead of me.

We continued to jog, our feet dragging in the dirt creating small clouds of dust with each step.

Something rustled in the bushes. Without thinking, I stopped. Annie glanced back at me but continued. After a second a figure came tumbling out of the bushes.

It's just another cadet. I was embarrassed realizing how scared I had become. Practically shaking in my boots. Why the hell is she hiding in the bushes?

"Oh hey (y/n)!" The girl stood up, ignoring how stupid she looked stepping out of the bushes.

"Who are you again?"

"I'm Anastasia!" She smiled as she pointed to herself .

(That's her

(That's her.)

"Cool. I have to finish my laps bye." I started to run but she bolted to my side. What the hell does she want? Who even is she I've never even seen her before, then again I don't socialize much.

"(Y/N)! I see you all the time and I was watching you run, trying to work up the courage to talk to you! I want to be friends! You're really cool and a complete badass" her eyes glistened as if I were her idol. Not going to lie, she creeped me out.

"Thanks." Her positivity made me want to gag.

"So~ let's be chums then" she wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me back. I swatted her hand off my shoulder and turned around to look at her.

"If you've seen me around, you know I don't enjoy socializing, let alone people touching me."

"Well we can change that! C'mon just give me a chance..."

"Yeah, no thanks. Go talk to the other cadets I'm sure they'd be delighted to be your friend" I turned around and began to jog.

Unknown POV:

"You've got eyes on the girl right?"

"Yes but since she's in the trainee corps it will be difficult to capture her. The premises are secure for the most part"

"Sir, if I may add.... Why is it so important we get her back? I mean we've got other girls"

"A number of reasons. The first one being we paid $15,000 for her, that's a hefty price considering it's usually $5,000. The second one being she brought in twice as many customers considering her age and beauty. Money doesn't grow on trees, we need her."

"Y-yes sir! Understood!"