𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗 - 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭.

———————-

———————-

Your POV:

It was the first morning after we temporarily moved into a remote cabin with the new Levi Squad and Hange's Squad.

Hange, Moblit, Levi, and I split a room. When I woke up Moblit and Hange were gone and Levi was awake getting dressed.

"Good morning brat."

"Good morning, what time is it?"

"Time for you to get up, Hange should be back any minute. We're meeting in the main room."

"Why didn't you wake me up?!" I hopped out of bed and ran over to my backpack. I pulled out a long sage-green skirt and a white button up top.

"You looked peaceful, plus, you get ready fast." He turned away from me and I quickly changed out of my nightgown and into the skirt and shirt. I walked up behind him and looked at Levi through the small mirror he was fixated on. He was running through his hair with a small comb.

He turned around and looked into my eyes. His eyes reached into my soul and made butterflies swarm.

"What's with that look?" I asked him. My cheeks felt hot.

"You're a pretty sleeper idiot. I'm glad you're still safe here."

"I'm glad too and you're pretty always, Levi."

He ruffled my hair and patted my head, "tch, let's go. We shouldn't keep Hange waiting."

We joined everyone at the table in the main room. I sat down in between Mikasa and Eren.

"Now what's this about?" Levi asked Hange. She looked troubled, something must've happened.

"I'm sorry. Pastor Nick...He was murdered. Today. In the Trost barracks."

Sasha gasped. Me and Eren exchanged a look of concern.

"He was tortured and killed by the Interior Military Police. I figured the church would wanna get their hands on Nick when they learned he was cooperating with the Scouts. That's why I hid his identity and had him stay in the barracks. I never imagined they would use soldiers to kill him. This was my fault, I should've been more careful."

Levi sipped on a cup of tea.

"They tortured him. Presumably for information. Did they just want to know what exactly he'd passed on to us?" Armin asked.

"Most likely. But these are the Interior MP's we're dealing with, so you can bet there's something deeper at work here. Now, how many nails was the good pastor missing?" Levi turned to Hange.