𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏- 𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫.

——————Your POV:Music is available

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

——————
Your POV:
Music is available.

I couldn't sleep at all. Well, I didn't really want to either. I was scared of the nightmares and didn't want to be stuck in one. Levi was asleep next to my infirmary bed in a chair with his arms folded over his chest. He slept so peacefully and I knew he needed it, there was no way i'd disturb him.

It was beginning to get bright outside. I could hear the birds chirping in the forest and see the daylight shine through the windows.

Later they'll tell me all the details of what they discovered on Subject A these past few days but I don't even know if I can handle any more of this. I don't even know who I am at this point. I'm not even (y/n), that's not even my real name. I'm losing my mind trying to balance all of this shit. I've been awake for less than 12 hours but I've been alone with my thoughts majority of that time. Feels like days.

Getting up will definitely wake Levi up but he needs his rest so I'll stay put. I guess I wish he was awake right now to talk to me. I wonder what time it is, probably six-ish. Everyone should be waking up soon which is good.

Ten minutes later there was a brief knock at the door and a nurse walked in with a pouch. Levi jolted awake like he never slept to begin with and she greeted him. I was already sitting up against the wall on the bed playing with my teddy bear in my lap.

"Good you're awake (y/n), how are your wounds feeling?"

"Painful."

"On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate the pain?"

"An eight probably, it's more tolerable than last night but I think it's because the sun was down so my eyes weren't strained. I just feel very achey from the bruising and the cuts burn."

"Can you scoot to the edge of the bed for me? Im going to change the bandages around your torso and take a look to make sure there's no signs of infection or anything. Tomorrow i'll bring you a bottle of pain meds, I ordered some but they won't be available for me to pick up until tomorrow."

I pushed myself to the edge of the bed and looked down at my white socks. Levi was definitely staring at me but I didn't want to look up. The nurse set the pouch down on the bed and walked around to my side. As soon as she began to unbutton my gown I tensed up.

I felt like I was going to throw up every time I remembered his touch. I just wanted to take a sponge to my brain and clean it of his dirtiness. Scrub all the memories away and not have to feel like i'm covered in ickiness and disgust. I'm not quite sure why it's this bad though, when I first escaped I wasn't this shaken up by it all so what changed? I guess the fact I got to experience what a real life felt like deterred me from thinking of the past more than I realized.