𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5- 𝐍𝗼 𝐋𝗼𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝗼𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲.

———————Third Person POV:

———————
Third Person POV:

"She needs to be put in her place, who does she think she is being such a bitch all the damn time" Connie snarled as he approached the others.

"I wonder what happened to her, she has so many scars." Sasha watched as you walked away from the rest.

"Must've been from before she joined. No one knows anything about her probably a thief or something" Mikasa said as she stood up.

"She's so angry for no damn reason, what did we do to her?" Jean ran his hand through his hair and took a big gulp of his water.

Behind them Annie was listening in, looking beyond them to you. Last night Annie saw you tossing and turning in your sleep, she had seen the condition you showed up in. Picked up on the real reason behind her beating Eren. She was silently listening to what they were saying, thinking about how blind they must be towards her.

ꕥꕥ

"Listen up cadets! It's time we begin to practice on this equipment!" Shadis shouted as he addressed the cadets. All of them had been briefed on how to properly equip the ODM gear. All that was left to learn was balancing on it.

Everyone did well, especially (y/n). She was able to go up and barely move, her balance was completely steady. While Eren, on the other hand, his balance was nonexistent. He ended up hanging upside down despite his efforts. Mikasa, Sasha, Connie and many others excelled as well.

"Jaeger! What's your major malfunction?! If you Can't do this you'll have to be shipped to the fields!" Shadis yelled in Eren's face, he looked like he could cry at any moment as he swayed back and forth hanging upside down.

ꕥꕥ

YOUR POV:

Me and the other cadets were sent to the Mess hall for dinner. I grabbed my tray and sat down in my corner.

I blocked out all the conversations as I ate, trying to get a moments peace. But that was interrupted by Jean and the boy I learned was named Connie. I glanced up from my food, seeing Jean staring right at me.

"Can I help you?" 

"Whats your problem? You're such a bitch for no reason, frankly it's annoying" Jean replied, anger lacing his voice.

Isn't he the one who decided to sit here? I should be the one asking what his problem is.

"Oh, ok" Was all I said as I went back to eating.

"Huh? Thats it, thats all you've got to say" Connie replied, I continued to eat and ignored them.

Are they bored or something?

"I bet you were a theif or something back in the underground? I mean thats why you've got those cuts. You're a thug."

If you knew the real story you wouldn't be sitting here right now. They wonder why I'm a bitch when they come and say this shit. They're lucky I don't just throw this soup in their faces and leave.

"Guys, Leave her alone its obvious she doesn't want to talk." I turned my head to see Annie glaring at Jean and Connie. They sighed before standing up and walking back to their table.

"Dont let them bother you, I can see in your eyes you've been to hell and back. They're just too idiotic to see it"

"Yeah, i guess you could say that."

She sat down across from me with her tray as well. What's she doing? Is she trying to be my friend? I'm bad at this I don't know how to be a friend. Like they said, I'm a bitch.

"You're my bunkmate right?"

"Oh um, yeah."

"You toss a lot."

"You can hear that? Sorry I don't sleep well"

"Don't apologize. It's not a big deal I was just messing around."

"Oh...yeah. I knew that."

We talked a little, not much but enough for us to form some kind of a connection. I actually enjoyed talking to her, it was a new feeling.

We talked about how much we don't want to be here and how the others annoy us. I wasn't used to talking like this, I've only been looked down upon my whole life. This is the first time I've had a genuine conversation that didn't end up in yelling or orders.

"Im glad (y/n) found a friend" I heard Christa say as she walked out with Ymir.

"Guess we should get back to the dorms too" Annie said as she stood up, she turned her head back to see me with an are-you-coming look. I didn't even realize how much time had passed. I stood up and walked to her side. I've never had a friend before, what if i'm doing it wrong? Are we even friends?

"Something wrong?"

"No but I want to say something. Thank you. " I told her, she looked shocked to hear something positive come out of my mouth.

"For what?"

"For not treating me like they do, you're the first person whos ever treated me like a real person." I may not have smiled but my expression had softened.

"Anytime (y/n), after all...we're friends now right?" She looked down to the ground, watching as her feet took steps. My eyes widened slightly, a friend. I'm not alone anymore.

"Yeah, let's be friends."