𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕 - 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬.

wholesome ! wholesome ! wholesome !

—————————

five days later.

Levi's pov:

The last few days have been nowhere near ideal for the Scout Regiment. Erwin was recovering and all Scout duties have been placed on hold for the time being until his return in a few days. (Y/n) had been helping me with my post-mission paperwork but of course the idiot fell asleep. It was late but I really couldn't understand how she could sleep so much. (Y/n) was sitting in a chair on the opposite side of my desk, wearing a pale blue nightgown. I was just finishing up the final document then I'd offer to carry her over to the couch.

With a final signature I had finished. I admired her sleepy face for a moment. She looked at peace in her dreams this time, I felt bad to wake her but I knew carrying her without asking first would be worse.

I walked around the other side and knelt down next to her.

"Hey brat. Wake up, you fell asleep and I finished everything it's time for proper sleep not chair sleep."

She stirred away and slowly opened her eyes.

"Don't you sleep in your chair sometimes?" Her voice was deeper than usual and raspy.

"That's not the point. I'll carry you over to the couch."

"But I don't want the couch, I want you." She closed her eyes back shut and yawned. She must be half asleep still.

"Clarify dumbass."

"Hush....Just let me lay in your bed. Yeah,..." she yawned once more and patted my head with her eyes still shut, "I want to lay in your bed with you."

I felt my cheeks burn up and quickly tried to hide it even though she wasn't looking. Me and her had never slept in the same bed like that before, sure we had spent many nights on the couch together but that feels different.

"Are we gonna go lay down or what?" She whined and reached her arms out for me.

"You're like an adult child." I picked her up and she lightly hit my back and called me a few cuss words. I kicked my bedroom door open that was attached to my office and searched for the outline of my bed amongst the darkness.

I laid her down on the right side of the bed closest to the window and then lit a lantern hanging on the bedpost. She pulled the blanket over her and looked up at me with a mischievous grin.

"What?"

"Nothing."

We held eye contact for a few seconds. I ruffled her hair and walked around the other side of the bed. I changed into a tank top and some shorts and sat in bed next to her. She rolled over and poked me, that grin still plastered on her face. I couldn't help but smile a bit too.