³.¹⁵to the helacarrier

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Fi?"

"Is the pain increasing again?" The two asked, worried looks on their faces.

"No- well kind of actually. It hurts again, but not as much as before." Athena explained, her tone in slight pain. "I'm fine though. I've dealt with worse, you should know that."

Nodding, they continued to walk back to the lab. Throughout the walk there, Athena could feel different eyes on her. But she ignored it, as found it usual on why people would stare at her. The golden light obviously made her stand out, and the fact that she was walking with the two superheroes on the helacarrier only gave her more reasons.

Before they made it to the lab, a dark-skinned man with an eye-patch on his left eye was introduced to her. He introduced himself as Director Fury, to which she replied with her name.

"So you can help them find the Tesseract?" The director spoke. Athena had no clue what he was talking about.

Her brows knitting, she replied. "Erm- what?"

"Can you help find the Tesseract?" He repeated himself.

"I have no-"

"Yes she is. Like I told you earlier." Tony interrupted the girl. "We believe that dear Athena here, has some sort of connection with the Tesseract. Which could help us find the cube faster."

As they walked away, the confused look the thirteen year-olds face did not leave. "I'm here to what-now?"

The Stark sighed. "I told Fury that you're here to help us find the Tesseract."

Athena quirked a brow. "But am I actually going to help?"

"Eh- Kind of. Like I told him, we think you have some sort of connection with the Tesseract or maybe Loki." Stark answered.

"But why?"

"We don't know. That's why you're here."

"I thought you were going to get rid of the light coming from me?"

"That too."

───── ❦ ─────

When Athena entered the lab, she was met with Bruce and Thor as Natasha was currently interrogating the God of Mischief. Bruce had her sit down on one of tables, recording any data about her and her magic core. Tony still hadn't remembered where he had seen the golden light before, but ignored it as his duty right now was to figure out what was going on with Athena.

Athena had then told the four men in the room about her ability to teleport, which Thor immediately recognises as one of the powers of the space stone. Which led to Bruce scanning Athena with gamma radiation, a theory-supporting result on the screen.

"Holy... Hey guys..?" Bruce looked at the screen, shocked at the results.

"Yeah what's up- Holy cow.." The Stark stood next to the other man, noticing the information on the screen.

"What? What's wrong?" Athena questioned nervously.

"Athena- you- you have the same-"

"-Energy signature as the Tesseracts..." Banner cut the other man off. "Except the cube itself is stronger..."

"So.. What are you saying? That I'm somehow connected to the cube?" Her face towards Tony.

"Well yes... But- how could she be connected to it?"