ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx

𒊹︎︎︎Work and restraint

Inez frowned as she shot daggers at the computer.

Currently, she was sitting beside Theo in his home office as he was working on his laptop. After days of giving her trivial works, he had finally given her something important to do.

Inez knew that Theo was slightly pissed after the day in the office. The first reason was that she was still talking to Liam, all the while a little less this time. It wasn't her fault, she cannot just cut him off especially when he hadn't done anything to offend her.

And the second reason was that Inez was still denying her feelings for him. She would look away every time she caught him staring at him and try not to get too close to him. Theo was almost at his limit and she knew it.

But this wasn't what bothered her right now. It was the statistical data of her company that Theo had given her to arrange accordingly. It was of the shareholders and deals that profited them the most.

Inez jotted down the important points, all the while frowning at the computer.

"What has you so worked up little one?"

Suddenly, she heard a throaty voice as she looked up from her laptop to see Theodore leaning back on his chair with a glass of whiskey in his hands, taking occasional sips from it.

Inez cleared her throat as she looked away. "N-Nothing. Just something seems wrong in the distribution of the profits, month-wise" Inez stuttered as she showed him the data in her laptop.

"What's wrong in this?" Theo asked, seriously after studying the data for a while.

Inez stood up as she walked behind his chair and pointed towards the laptop "You'd think that at first. But if you look closely between them and calculate the actual profit, it is more than the one written here" she said as Theo rubbed his chin and narrowed his eyes while mumbling under his breath as he calculated.

Theo knew the prices of certain tenders and trade deals and he knew that the prices written here were wrong. The trade deals would never happen at such a low cost. They were cut down and written here very cleverly.

"More by almost 1%. Negligible in huge enterprises like Benedict" he whispered as his jaws tightened.

"And it has been going on for very long. Almost 4 years" Inez completed as Theo nodded and turned back to look at her silver eyes brimming with confidence. His heart soared in pride as a happy smile broke out.