Prêtresse (Priestess)

Scene: The De-Sinclair Estate; Dining Room.

The De-Sinclair family had sour expressions on their faces as they watched Regina and Liam sip on earl grey tea from their cups.

Regina and Liam had been so kind as to show up at the front door this morning. How unfortunate.

"I see your little assistant isn't here," Regina mentioned.

"We gave her a week off. It's the least we could do after everything she's been doing for us." Victoria responded dryly.

There was silence for a moment.

Kalianna rolled her eyes and pushed her half-eaten breakfast away from her. "Okay, let's cut to the chase because I have to get to school and I'm already a little late. What do you guys want?"

"I want you," Liam replied straightforwardly.

Kal was taken aback by his answer. 

"Very funny, kid." Darius chuckled. "Now, what do you two really want so you can leave us alone?"

Regina set down her teacup and cleared her throat. "I'd like to propose Liam and Kalianna get married."

...

The De-Sinclairs began laughing.

"You-You aren't serious!" Victoria wiped away a tear while she laughed.

 Liam gritted his teeth and slammed down his teacup as gently as he could, stopping the family from chortling. "She's serious! I want Kalianna to get married to me!"

"Listen, you already proposed once, and you got rejected. The news about your failed proposal had dragged on for weeks; you're lucky it didn't go on for months." Darius said.

Regina took a book out of her purse and set it on the table. Golden words were engraved on the front cover; it read, "Cordonian Laws." It also had an imprint on the cover that represented a cross. The cross appeared to be missing.

Regina dug inside her purse again and got out a silver cross. She then placed the cross in the imprint and the lock that was on the book clicked open. "According to the Cordonian Laws, it says on the first page, "If a maiden is royalty, you must get married to either a prince or king."

"Well, who made that stupid rule?" Sunny whispered from Kalianna's hair.

"Well, who made that stupid rule?" Kalianna repeated her kwami's words, folding her arms.

"I did," Liam replied proudly.

"And what a dumb law that was." Darius insulted.

"Honey, get to school, please. We'll wrap up some things here" Victoria smiled at her daughter.

The noirette grabbed her designer bag. "Bye, mom. Bye, dad." 

"Bye." The De-Sinclairs waved at the girl before she exited the dining room. As soon as they heard the door open and close, they looked at Regina and Liam with disgust.

~~~~~~~~

"GET OUT!" Darius pushed Regina and Liam out of his home after a few minutes of arguing.

"You can't just kick us out!" Liam protested. "I am Prince Liam Rys of Cordonia-!"

"We don't care!" Victoria flung the book of Cordonian Laws at Regina's feet. "Go away! And take your law book with you!" 

"Don't you see? If Kalianna married Liam they could become king and queen of Cordonia and Paris!" Regina snapped.