(Social services) pt.3

Y/n's POV
Catherine opened the door with a shocked expression. "Can I help you?" She asks anxiously.

"I'm here to talk to Y/n..now either bring her here or I'll get her myself!" I hear..Dallas!? I immediately get up and run to the door. I see Dal standing there, he looked like a mess to be honest.

"Dal!" I exclaim as I jump into his arms. Of course he hugs back. How did he know I was here?..doesn't matter right now, I missed him-everyone so much.

"Hey kid" he greets happily while still hugging me. I finally pull away. I missed the feeling of hugs with leather jackets and cigarette stench.

"I'll give you two a minute...I'll need Y/n back in five to finish diner" Catherine says as she walks away, leaving Dal and I on the front porch.

"So how ya been kid?" He asks.

"I should ask you the same thing, you look like a mess Dal, what's going on?" I ask. He runs his hand through his hair.

"Everyone's been a mess since you left" he sighs. I frown at the thought.

"Ya..I miss you guys" I say sadly. He puts a hand on my shoulder, not really sure how to comfort me.

"So how they treating ya in here..do I needa bash some heads in?" He jerks his head to inside the house where the rest of the family were. I chuckle and shake my head.

"There ok I guess" I say. "So how'd you know where I was?" I ask.

He lights a cancer stick and shrugs. "Asked around... threatened some people" he answers. I roll my eyes, of course he did.

"When's Darry getting me back?" I ask anxiously. He looks at me.

"I don't know..haven't been around in a while" he says as he takes another puff. I just nod.

"So why'd you stop by?" I ask.

"Needed to see ya...get my head on straight" he says. "Probably would've ended up in the cooler if not...and everyone misses you" that hit me. I just want to cry right now but I'm not gonna show emotion in front of the Dallas Winston.

"Sorry I need Y/n back in now" Catherine says at the door. I roll my eyes. Dallas stood up.

"I'll talk to Y/n as long as I want, got it!?" He says. I put a hand to his chest.

"It's alright Dal..I better go. Tell the gang and my brother I miss and love them" I kiss his cheek, in a brotherly way, as I head back inside. I didn't want to leave Dal, is didn't. But I had to.

—————-
The next day~
It's been a day since I saw Dal. I missed them, As I'm sure I've said a hundred times. I walked down the steps and bumped into Cherry.

"Hey! Watch it" she sneers as she continues walking. I heard a knock at the door. Please let it be one of the boys I pray. Catherine opens the door. It wasn't one of the boys, it was better! I never thought I'd say this but I was happy to see Kelly, the social worker, standing there. I'm sure I get to come home now, it's been almost three weeks.

Catherine allows Kelly to come in. She sees me and smiles. "Hello Y/n...I have some great news, you are able to go home" she smiles. Butterflies went off in my stomach. I smiled ear to ear. Thank god. "I'll go pack!" I exclaim as I run up stairs. She chuckles.

I ran into my room, packing everything I had. I took a deep breathe after packing, before running back down stairs with my duffel bag in hand.

"Thank you so much for taking her. You ready to go?" Kelly says. I nod quickly.

"Bye Catherine, thank you" I say before heading out. Dad and mom always thought us manners no matter what. Kelly and I got inside the same black car she had driven me here in.

"You happy to be going home?" She asks as she looks in the mirror at me.

"Very" I correct. She starts the car and starts driving to my house I'm guessing.

It was a half an hour ride before we came to a stop. I looked outside and was relieved to see our old beat down house. I recognized the sound of neighbourhood dogs and the stench of smoke and beer. Kelly and I got out of the car. I basically sprinted up the steps and ran through the door. I saw to my surprise, everyone there.

"There she is!!" Soda yells as he picks me up and spins me around with his movie star smirk. "I missed you so much" I say into his shoulder as tears of joy falls. "Me to sis...me to" he says back. Soda put me down as the whole gang and my brothers came over and gave hugs.

"I missed having my favourite mechanic around" Steve says as he gives me a tight hug.

Twobit was FILLED with joy when he saw me. "My Mickey Mouse fan is back" he says happily. It's true, I'm the only one who'll like to watch Mickey with him.

Darry was the last one for a hug. Darry spoke "I promised I'd get ya back" at that moment I was just so happy to have these boys in my life. This just shows how much we all care for one another...even if we are just greasers.

-This was the last part of 'social services', I hope you guys liked it and feel free to give me some more ideas :)