“It is simple Sire” General Hoseok spoke with a charming smile, turning the sword down as he let his eyes gaze away from the princess still glaring at him “we have come here for something and intend to leave in peace once we acquire it”

“And what is it that you intend to acquire you filthy two-faced barbarians!? We had a pact to hold peace and you planned a secret attack! Killed our soldiers mercilessly! And yet you dare to talk about peace?!” The princess yelled agitated with their ingratitude and lies, her sword zapping through air to point charge at her enemy.

It had been years that the two kingdoms had held peace, even aiding each other in times of need and now their roguish neighbours from Kleon had dared to cross the thin strip of water between them to actually attack Eulan in the secrecy of the night.

“Yera, take the princess inside and tend to her wounds immediately” the King spoke to Jisoo’s maid-in-waiting, fearing for his darling heir’s safety and the young woman instantly ran to the princess’ side pleading to her to follow the King’s orders.

Jisoo was still fuming, “I’m not stepping a foot away until they do” she spoke through gritted teeth, her alpha instincts denying to bow till she had seen the very end of her enemy and stiffly denied her father’s orders.

She glanced at the Commander -in -chief of Eulan, Namjoon and a silent order passed between them as the man instantly came to her side, in case the princess’ wounds made her fall short to stand guard to their King.

“Tell me General, what is the prize you’ve come here for” the King turned his enraged eyes back to the General “but remember I will hold your promise of peace as a valid promise in return”

“Of course Sire, you can be assured about that, and to show you our gratitude we will pledge to forever aid Eulan in future, a timeless amity is what we are looking for….if” he walked a few steps nearer to where the King sat and instantly two swords barred him “if we get our prize…which is but a pact that our new King is eager to settle with Eulan.”

General Hoseok smirked to see the stiff resolution in the others faces, who held the swords right against his throat.

“What prize maggot?” Jisoo spoke through gritted teeth as she snarled at the haughty man.

“Ah..come now…this is no way to talk to your family, is it?” A light laugh chimed in the air and scowls grew as the General’s laugh filled the court making everyone more unsettled.

“Our new King hopes for a bond stronger than just a mere pact” he began, eyes flitting about the room to take in the tense air that hung over them.

“Our King hopes for a bonding” his eyes come back to fall on Jisoo’s angry eyes as she tried not to let her alpha rage take over, a flaring red circling her irises “he is willing to choose a mate.”

“Some nerve-“ Jisoo began enraged but was thunderously snubbed by her father “Jisoo! Remember it is not your decision to make!”

“Father I deny to accept-“ “Not your decision to make! Your people comes before you…always! You cannot think like a little girl anymore!” The King rose from his throne, eyes flaring fully red now and instantly the entire court fell into a silent submission.

“Y-Yes Father, I-I apologize” she spoke, voice faltering as she felt her father’s angry gaze on her.

“If it is an offer of peace, we are ready to listen. But remember one thing General, what you have done tonight if it is ever repeated I will not back down, Kleon is known to have made quite a few enemies since your new King has taken the throne. And as the King of Eulan I promise I will make sure to raze your land to dust before I see the ruin of my own” he walked closer to the man in slow heavy steps till he was towering over the General, who had gone rigid and silent to sense the boiling authority in that enraged voice.