Chapter 31 - The Red Orb

Reboaz entered the transportation chamber, chest out, puffed up with his own importance. 

Javen watched him, 'One day, Reboaz, one day' he said to himself.

Reboaz noticed Javen, but waited for Javen to approach him, he was not going to go to Javen. The master had obviously been taken in by this plan, this cheap trick and Reboaz wasn't happy about it. 

Javen swallowed his pride and went over to Reboaz.

'Mighty Reboaz, so good of you to join us' he said with a slight edge of sarcasm in his voice.

'Watch your tone Javen. You might have won favour back with the Master. Be he won't be with us on this trip. Anything could happen to anyone of us'

Javen refused to be intimidated, ignoring the far from veiled threat.

'This way if you please' said Javen with a sweeping motion pointing to the transportation platform.

Javen was suddenly aware that he was being watched. He looked up towards the balcony that surrounded the huge stone amphitheatre. The master had been watching the exchange. He nodded to Javen, who returned a slight nod and followed Reboaz to the platform. 

A Razok platoon was stood to attention behind Reboaz on the platform.

'Taking no chances this time' Javen said as he took up his position.

Reboaz let out a low growl.

'You had better hope this works, or you'll never see this place again, I will see to that.'

Javen responded in kind

'Maybe it you who should be worried Reboaz, should we run into Gabriel again, didn't you retreat last time?'

Reboaz was about to respond when the transportation chamber crackled with static and they disappeared.

Gabriel with Pian and Drago said their farewells to the rest of the group. Drago was both nervous and excited about going. He hoped his sister would be happy to see him. 

Nathan shook Gabriel's hand and then they pulled each other into a brief hug with a manly pat on each other's back.

'We will be leaving here this afternoon for the Plains of Jarako, I have a place there in the mountains beyond. We can start Jake's training there. I hope all is well at home. If you need to contact me get back to Jarako and I'll find you'

Nathan, Xavier and Jinn went back into the house. Jake said goodbye to Pian and Drago.

'Can you give me a minute with Jake' Gabriel asked.

Pian and Drago took their packs and made their way to the end of the drive.

'Gabriel I...' Jake faltered trying to find the words.

'I know Jake, its ok. We'll be back as soon as we can. As for you, your training will start tomorrow. Listen and learn all you can. Nathan is a great teacher and your brother will help you a lot too.' said Gabriel

Jake nodded.

'Gabriel. Thank you for coming to get me from that awful place'

It was the first time Jake had mentioned the rescue, preferring to hide it behind laughter and banter.

'I am worried that I am not all I should be. I found it hard to resist, had you not come I would have given in and knelt before him' said Jake trying to hold it together.

Gabriel placed his hands on Jakes shoulders.

'But you didn't give in did you. You held out. Your training will make you stronger and will help you in future make the right choices. For now you are in good hands. I will see you soon.'