Turtlejou

A few months after Moon and Qibli's wedding 

Kinkajou's POV

"Turtle. Remember that time when we were at the beach house with your mom?" I wondered. Turtle looked up at me and stopped cutting the lettuce for the salad he promised me. 

"No, not really," Turtle said nonchalantly. 

"C'mon, Turtle, you don't have to be ashamed," I sighed. "I've seen you drunk, shy, and a whole bunch more." 

"Well, I remember me calling Auklet Aukie," Turtle said, shivering. I smiled weakly and walked over to him. 

"You said something about our future," I whispered as I wrapped my hands around his waist. "You said, what about our future," I murmured. 

"And?" Turtle said. 

"And I want to have a future with you," I smiled. "I know we have our rough patches and sometimes we drive ourselves bonkers but I know that I love you," I said. Turtle turned around and pulled me away from him so I could see his curious face. "I want to spend my life with you...so...do you want to get married?" I wondered. 

Turtle was speechless. So speechless that he ran to his room and didn't come out for about a minute. But when he did, he was holding a black box in his hand. Turtle opened the box and in the box was a beautiful and expensive engagement ring. Its metal was twisted so I could see all the diamonds in the middle was a beautiful diamond. 

"I was saving this for tomorrow but...since you're asking me," Turtle paused and knelt to the floor, "I would love to marry you. Will you marry me Kinkajou Amber Brooks?" he wondered. I squealed. 

"Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" I beamed. Turtle smiled and spun me around. "I love you so much, you know." 

"I love you too," Turtle whispered. I sighed and hugged him. I love him so much.