Third Year: Remember Me Part 2

Week 14 

Starflight's POV

I stared at the building that was in flames. Standing next to me was Mastermind. He was pacing so much that it was hurting my eyes. I glared at the building angrily. Fatespeaker was in that building. I had to save her. I took off my jacket and ran into the building. 

"STARFLIGHT!" Mastermind cried as I ran into the burning building. His voice blocked once I was inside the house. I searched the living room with my arm around my face. It won't keep out all the smoke but it will be enough. Fatespeaker wasn't there. I searched the kitchen, there wasn't anybody there. I raced up the stairs and searched through all the rooms. The flames were red and orange. They surrounded me, making me feel faint. 

I went into somebody's room and I saw Fatespeaker sitting on the bed, her head buried in her knees. "Fatespeaker?" I coughed. "We have to go!" I coughed. Fatespeaker lifted her head out of her knees and stared at me with tears in her eyes. 

"No!" Fatespeaker cried. "Everything is changing! I want to die here!" I walked over to her weakly but there was too much smoke. I fell on the floor and closed my eyes. I felt someone jump off the bed and race of to me. Before I passed out, I heard someone say, "SOMEONE HELP!" 

Clay's POV

I stood outside of the house and raced over to Mastermind. "Where is Starflight?" I hissed. Mastermind looked distraught and fearful. 

"I-inside," he stammered. My eyes widened in fear and then looked at the house. 

"C-Clay," Peril whispered. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer. "Please don't g-go." 

"Peril, I have to. He's my brother and she's your friend," I whispered. Tears were forming but they didn't touch her skin. I let her go and raced into the house. 

"CLAY!" Tsunami, Glory, Riptide, Deathbringer, and Sunny screamed. I searched the house for them. Think Clay! Where would they be?! Fatespeaker's room! I raced up the stairs and searched all the rooms. 

"SOMEONE HELP!" yelled someone. I raced into the room and saw Starflight on the floor and Fatespeaker trying to avoid the fire around Starflight. I ran over to them and picked them both up. There I raced out of the room and down the stairs and the door. Peril ran over to me and so did everyone else. I laid Fatespeaker and Starflight on the floor. 

I laid my ear on Starflight's chest. Thump...Thump...Thump. I sighed, relieved that he was alive. But I looked at his eyes. They weren't there anymore. I covered my mouth so I wouldn't throw up. 

"Clay," Peril whispered. "You're hand...and leg..." It wasn't until then did I realize all the burns on my arms and legs. But thankfully they were healing. 

"Starflight?" Fatespeaker said. "You were so, so, so brave..." she whispered in his ear and started to sob. 

--------Two Days Later---------

Starflight's POV

I sat on the porch, my face pointed at the sunset. Blind. I couldn't see Fatespeaker, Sunny, Clay, Glory, Tsunami, and my friends. Maybe I deserved it. Maybe I was too bad. To annoying. I sighed and put my hand where my eyes used to be. Instead of feeling skin, I feel gauze.

"Hey, Starflight," Sunny's voice said. She walked up to me and sat down next to me. I don't know what she sat on. But at least she was next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Considering that I lost my sight, my girlfriend can't remember me, and I can never see the stars again...super," I said sarcastically. Sunny sighed and turned my face to face.

"Starflight," Sunny sighed. "We all lost something," she murmured. "But, we still have each other. She will be fine...her memory will come back and we can all go back to normal," Sunny said, I could tell she was smiling.

"Can you read to me?" I asked. Sunny nodded and walked inside to pick out a book. Once Sunny went inside, someone else walked up to me. The person placed their hand on mine. Their hand was so delicate, so graceful. This had to be Fatespeaker. "Fatespeaker?" 

"How did you know it was me?" she whispered. 

"Lucky guess," I said, smiling. "Actually, I have something to tell you. You are the bow to my arrow," I whispered. I heard silence on Fatespeaker's side. For a minute there my heart dropped, I thought that the sentence didn't work. "Fate-oof, okay," I was cut off with Fatespeaker wrapping her arms around me. 

"St-St-Starflight!" she cried. "H-h-how could I've forgotten you?" she sobbed. I pet her back and nuzzled my head against her neck. She kissed me deeply and didn't let me go to breathe. Once I took a deep breath, I kissed her back. We stayed there kissing each other and crying for the rest of the day.  She's back. My Fatespeaker is back.