Third Year: Hurricane

Week 12

Tsunami's POV

I growled and kicked the door viciously. After hearing on the news that a hurricane was coming, Mom didn't want me or Riptide to leave. She was so scared that she made us stay for two more weeks. That totally went well for Riptide. "Mom! The hurricane isn't going to come until next week!" I yelled through my room door. 

"S-still, I want you to stay here!" Mom shouted back. I groaned and walked over to Riptide -- who was sitting on the bed and reading a book that Glory sent him. Sunny started reading Twilight, sadly, Riptide just finished that book and was reading New Moon. I had to sit there and listen to him jabber on and on about how Jacob should leave Bella alone. 

"He is NOT right for her!" Riptide growled. "STOP! GET your SMELLY DOG hands OFF HER!" he yelled. 

"Riptide!" I shouted. "IT'S just a BOOK!" 

"Sorry," he whispered. I winced but didn't let him see. Riptide closed the book and turned on Spotify. Riptide clicked this song called "Turning Page". I raised my eyebrows suspiciously. What was Riptide up to? All Riptide did was grin and pull me off my feet. 

"W-what are you doing?" I hissed, trying to pull away. But as much as I tried to pull away, Riptide just kept me in place. 

"I'm dancing with you, seeing as though we have to practice for our wedding," purred Riptide. A shiver raced up my spine and I grinned. 

"Alright," I whispered. With that, I laid my head on his strong shoulders and let him rock me back and forth. We danced, didn't talk, just danced. The song that played was beautiful, I think I wanted it to play at our wedding. 

As we danced, Riptide whispered, "I love you." 

"I love you too..." I whispered. Riptide smiled then leaned down to kiss me. His lips were light on mine but I could feel like he was holding back. But...why? "Why are you holding back?" I murmured. 

"I-I just want to wait until our wedding...that way I know we won't leave each other and I'll be able to give you all of me," Riptide said. I pulled away and looked him sympathetically in the eyes. 

"Riptide, I want to wait until our wedding too," I smiled. Riptide smiled back and kissed me again, but this time with more passion. I took a deep breath and kissed him back, after pulling away for air, we continued to dance. I love Riptide and he loves me.