Jade Winglet

A few weeks after Ripnami's honeymoon

Peril's POV

"We haven't played a song...in a LONG time," Kinkajou commented. We were in the recording studio and we're decided what song to cover. 

"Ooo! I got a song!" Moon peeped. "Tonight We Are Young by Franklin James." 

"Okay," I smiled. "I'm lead?" They nodded. I smiled and walked up to the microphone. This is the only time I've sung another song besides lullabies. Deathbringer and Glory are taking care of Callista and Aaron.

Qibli started to drum and Winter started playing his guitar. Turtle decided that he should sing too, Kinkajou told him that he had a good voice. "Give me a second I, I need to get my story straight," I sang. "My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State. My lover, she's waiting for me just across the bar. My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking about a scar, and I know I gave it to you months ago. I know you're trying to forget but between the drinks and subtle things the holes in my apologies, you know I'm trying hard to take it back," I sang. "So if by the time the bar closes and you feel like falling down, I'll carry you home."

"Tonight, we are young," Turtle, Moon, Kinkajou, and I sang. "So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun." I took the microphone off the stand walked around the room. "Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun," I sang. 

"Now I know that I'm not all that you got, I guess that I, I just thought," Moon and I sang. "Maybe we could find new ways to fall apart but our friends are back. So let's raise a tab 'cause I found someone to carry me home." 

"Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun," Turtle, Kinkajou, Moon, and I sang. "Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun." 

"Carry me home tonight," Moon and Kinkajou sang. While I was vocalizing. "Just carry me home tonight." I vocalized. "Carry me home tonight Just carry me home tonight," they sang. 

"The world is on my side I have no reason to run," I sang with Turtle vocalizing. "So will someone come and carry me home tonight. The angels never arrived but I can hear the choir," we sang. "So will someone come and carry me home." 

"Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun," Kinkajou, Moon, Turtle, and I sang. "Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire we can burn brighter than the sun," we sang. 

"So if by the time the bar closes and you feel like falling down," I sang. "I'll carry you home tonight." After the song ended, I was out of breath. I could practically feel the bats live my vocal pipe. 

"Wow, that was awesome," I panted. "Just promise me...one day, we'll come together and starting singing...okay?" I sighed. 

"Of course," Qiblie promised. 

"We'll never drift apart but if we do, I promise," Turtle smiled. 

"Obviously! We have to do this again!" Kinkajou beamed. 

"I promise," Moon promised. 

"Eh, I'll see what I can do," Winter said. I laughed and twitched my arms. Oh, how I missed being able to hug them. 

"Actually, you can," Moon peeped. "Turtle enchanted us to be fireproof," she explained. I beamed and pulled them close to me. 

"The Jade Winglet is a good band name," I smiled.