[36]

"Kei? What are you doing here so early?" Dad ties up his robe as he walks up behind me and takes off my headphones.

...

...

...

Where'd the sound go?

Oh.

Dad.

"You're up late again. And you've been drinking. Again."

"Battlefield."

"I know, I play it too." I give up on the game and try to rest my head in my hands but my hands give up and my neck does too as I drop my face onto the keyboard. "Don't break the keyboard holy shit."

"I got fired."

"What?"

"Because I breathed."

"...What?"

"I got fired cuz I'm a dude."

"I need context."

"Did you know guys have sex with guys?"

"Kei you were talking about work?"

"Dad."

"Yes?"

"Girls have sex together too-"

"I know Kei just tell me about work not sex." I just look at him shocked and he sits down at his desk next to me. "What now?"

"You're chill." He chuckles and wipes his eyes. "You're only just realising?"

"No..." I try to stand up but everything is spinning so much that I fall over on my hands. My head thumps as I try to kneel up but I feel like I'm on a very fast merry-go-round. The unusual dizziness makes me panic a bit and I look up at a constant moving image of my father. "Help~" He grabs my hands and I constantly wobble and nearly fall until he sits me back down in my chair. "How much did you drink?"

"The rest of the alcohol I bought~" His eyes widen and I cover my face to try and stop the spinning. "Why would you drink all of that? You know vodka hits harder then soju." He whisper shouts and I stays quiet as I shakily breathe. "Kei!"

"I want to be an idol~!!" I burst into tears and he looks at me extremely confused as I cry into my hands. "But you'll say I can't cuz I'm blind and mum doesn't even think I can exercise by myself~!! But I can dance~! A-and I can s-sing~!"

"Okay I'm calling my brother."

"Why~?"

"Because he needs to stay here whilst I take you to the hospital."

"N-no I don't need the hospital I'm fine-!!"

"That's what you keep on saying Kei and now look at you! You've got alcohol poisoning!"

"No I haven't!!" I stand up and he quickly sits me back down. "Please just stay still whilst I sort things out? We can talk about this tomorrow when you're not drunk." I look away from him before hiding my face in my arms and actually falling asleep almost straight away. Dad tries to wake me up but I don't respond, so he quickly picks me up when his brother turns up and puts me in the car. "What happened to him?"

"Alcohol poisoning. Please can you-?"

"I know."

"Thank you." Dad hugs his big brother before sitting down in his car seat and driving us to the hospital.