[20]

1 week later

I don't even know who's in the crowd. I guess that would be an upside if I had stage fright... If.

It's all just a really bright blur when I look at the crowd of people... But I can see the camera that's on.

I make sure I'm in the right position and let out a gentle sigh.

I'm not nervous either... No one I know will be here so I don't need to worry about their opinions.

The music starts and I disappear into it as I perform to the best of my abilities. But unknowingly for me the whole of Stray Kidz are watching our performance and no one can take their eyes off of me.
(Vid. Watch from 0:21-4:18 Keiko is Hyunjin.)

Everyone screams as we walk up the stairs and behind the scenery. The walls close in front of us all as we stand in a line before we all go back stage and take off all of our stuff. All of the others hype each other up from excitement but for some reason I can't smile. I have so much adrenaline inside of me I could go again and a thousand more times but the shakiness is making me panicked. "You were amazing Kei!" Moon hugs me because he can see how lost I am and pats my back. "Let's go wait."

"I need a minute."

"Okay."

"I'll be back." I leave the group quickly and hide in a stall in the mens toilets.

Why is my heart beating so hard? Am I okay? My chest hearts- Am i having a heart attack?!

My breathing picks up as I grab my phone and try to search up what's wrong but it only makes things worse.

Moon:
We need to go on stage
Are you alright?
Kei?
We need to go up in two minutes

Me:
Ditto it withouf me

Moon:
Are you okay?

Me:
Imd  fine isnuust need a mintie

Moon:
I can't understand what you're saying

Me:
I need !bminute
Go to withour me
Up
On stage
Its okat

Moon:
Are you sure?

Me:
I'm sure

Moon:
Okay. I'll make sure you get your money if we win ❤

~

I shakily lock my phone as I sink down on the bathroom floor and hide my face in my knees. I hide in a ball inside a stall for a while until my phone starts going off. I look to see it's Minho so I answer straight away thinking something's wrong. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, where are you?"

"I-I'm out somewhere."

"I know I saw your performance."

"...How did you see it? How did you know I was performing?"

"Chan found out through Moon." Minho chuckles and I smile at his little chuckle. "So where are you?"

"Hiding."

"You're hiding?"

"Yes."

"In a stall?" He pokes his head over the top of my cubicle and I whisper as I look up at him. "No..." He hangs up and starts trying to climb over the top. "Wait- StOp- YOU'LL BREAK THE WALL HYUNG- YOU BrOkE tHe WaLl!"

"...We should leave." I look at him frozen and he grabs my hand before yanking me out of the cubicle and then putting my headset on me before shoving me towards the stage entrance. "I can't go on now the people are already announcing stuff."

"So? Sneak on."

"ThEy WoUlD sEe Me."

"So? They saw you perform earlier."

"Yeah but I didn't know you guys were here earlier!"

"Awe you've got stage fright now?"

"NoO."

"Then go on stage."

"BuT-"

"GO!" He slaps my butt and I die on the inside as I trip a tiny bit. If I don't walk onto the stage then I'll fall onto it so I unwillingly walk on the stage and hide next to Moon. Moon chuckles at my flustered expression and puts an arm around my shoulders as I glare at Minho who's smiling backstage. I see Sanbok and Archie about to start fighting and pinch Archie's waist. He looks at me and I raise an eyebrow so he stops trying to annoy Sanbok and pays attention. "The Psycho cover group!!"

Me? Us? For what?

Moon slaps my back and I panic a bit as everyone hugs me.

Wait did we win? I BLANKED OUT- I WAS TRYING TO STOP SANBOK AND ARCHIE FROM FIGHTING!

Moon takes the trophy as I smile and clap like I'm not a part of the group that just won. Moon hands me the trophy before he says a speech and everyone says their thanks until it comes to me and I just giggle cutely from panic into the microphone when Moon pushes my back towards it. "Okayy~ Thank you for watchingg~" Everyone smiles at my panicked cuteness before we all go backstage and Moon gets given an envelope full of cash. He hands Sanbok and Archie their piece of the prize money and holds some out for me but I put my hands up. "No I dont want any."

"Don't be like that you deserve this money more then we do!"

"That's not true-"

"You bought the outfits! You made the song perfect! You added background art! You bought the headsets for us and taught us how to use them-!"

"O-okay okay I get it."

"TAKE THE MONEY."

"...You take my money-"

"N-!"

"You're a trainee and you need it more then I do! All I want is the trophy." They all smile and Moon hands it to me. "Congratulations." I scoff and he pats my shoulder before they walk off to sit down. I look down at the trophy before walking over to Moon and whispering in his ear. "I need to go but we can meet up tomorrow."

"What? Are you sure? We were gonna go out."

"Yeah I'm sure. Go have fun, I need to go relax."

"Okay we will... Hey Kei, seriously, thank you so much for making this whole thing."

"It's okay." I ruffle his hair before walking into the changing room and getting dressed. I sneak out so the members of Stray Kidz don't find me and head straight to the Entertainment building.