[26]

"Kei."

Dad?!

"Not right now."

"I need to talk to you-"

"Not right now!"

"Keiko!" I ignore my mums shout as I continue walking and walk into my bedroom before shutting the door behind me. As soon as I shut the door though my legs give out and I sit down on the floor with my back against the door. "Jeon Keiko!!"

Oh gods, mum please. I don't want anyone to he mad but I can't- I can't! I can barely think and I'm so exhausted I just want to sleep!!

I sigh and grab a bottle of soju from my bedside table as I stay sat on the floor and down half of the big bottle before grabbing my phone.

Me:
I'm sorry I was rude eesrlier Please can tou tell Hyunjin im sorry ttoo?

Wolfie:
It's okay. I'll tell him but please think about what I said? Whether it's therapy or medication or whatever there are things to help you. And you know if there's anything I can help you with then I'll do it without a second thought. We all love you Kei and we all care about you.

Me:
Hut thst makes me feel worse

Wolfie:
Why?

Me:
Bececause I dont desevee any friends let alonee friends like you alll

Wolfie:
That's definitely not true and everybody knows it
You deserve way more then just a couple of friends. You deserve the entire universe.

Me:
Afe yiu hitting on me?

Wolfie:
OoO
Don't change the conversation

Me:
😂
I love you Crispy

Wolfie:
OI
I love you too

~

"Kei..." Dad walks into the room and sits down on the floor opposite me.

Great...

"I'm sorry I talked to you like that-"

"It was because you were tired and stressed right? I get that part because I'm not stupid. I just don't get that if you didn't want me then why the fuck did you even keep me-"

"We do want you! That's why we didn't do any of that- Kei I've grown and I'm extremely sorry about how harsh I was when you were a child but you don't know how relieved I am that I didn't send you off and how glad I am to call you my son!" I look away from him and down some more alcohol before he takes it away from me. "Kei please slow down."

"What's the point? You don't mean it and I can't even say that without you thinking I'm attention seeking. Remember when I broke my wrist because a bully at the park pushed me over and when I came over to you crying you said I should stop attention seeking? Then mum took me to the hospital and you all saw, oh what a surprise, my wrist was broken."

"I've changed Kei-"

"In a couple of days? Because just the other day over the phone you said I was attention seeking. And sure I wanted some attention from you but is that so fucking bad?! You're my dad! I'm already twenty and it's only a matter of time before I die! I don't want to spend the last years of my life crying every single day because I know my parents don't love me! So no I won't slow down." I take the bottle back and he looks at me frozen. "You think we don't love you?"

"Of course you don't love me. This isn't how you love someone. You love mum. You treat her with respect and you care for her and you love her and you listen to everything she has to say. You treat me like an ant, you don't care about me, you don't love me and you never listen." I feel tears coming up as I stand up and go to drink some more alcohol but nothing comes out of the bottle. I look at the bottle with a broken gaze just before dad hugs me. "I'm so sorry... I really am sorry. I DO love you Kei I promise I do. And you know your mother loves you too. Why else would she have a panic attack every time you go into the kitchen?" I chuckle a tiny bit and he smiles. "We both love you so much Kei. And I am sorry. I'm sorry about everything I said that made you feel sad or less than. I don't want to make you feel like that but between work and your mother... That's not an excuse and I know it's not but I really am sorry." I go quiet and hug him as I stay silent. "Kei?"

"I'm not talking." He smiles sadly and strokes my hair when he can tell I'm crying. "That's fine."

"I'm not crying either!"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm NoT~!!"

"Okay okay." He let's me hide my face in his shoulder as I cry before sitting my drunk and tired self down on my bed. "Sleep."

"I have work later."

"What time?"

"Um... I've got to leave at five in the morning I think..."

"I'll wake you up at half four then."

"Okay..." I start falling asleep as I lay back and hide under the covers as he leaves the bedroom. "Night."

"Night..."