「️The Owner of This Weapon 」️「️Chapter 31」️

Shuichi's POV

I nervously chuckled at Kaede's optimistic attitude as always it lightens the mood. My eyes would constantly look around hoping to see even a glimpse of Kokichi which I knew was impossible since we were in England. My mother stayed here and we were going to meet her briefly before going to the hotel Byakuya booked for us.

" Shuichi! " A lady with almost the same face as me but hair almost touching her waist. Her eyes were narrow but soft with crystal blue eyes that was full of relief when out eyes met. She looked pale but her figure was almost that of an hourglass.

I raised my hand to respond to her call and head over to her with my friends. " Mom... "

My mother gave me an apologetic smile before turning around to make us follow her to a restaurant. The silence was unbearable since the four of us were being awkward.

" H-how was school, Shuichi? "

I fidgeted for a while before glancing at Kaede feeling very uncomfortable at being around my mother after so long. Her gaze was intense as if I was being evaluated.
" I-it's fine.. I guess.. "
I stuttered out holding my cup of water.

" Hello! Welcome! What would you like to order? " The waiter questioned handing us the menus. One went to my mother the other to Kaito so Kaede and I shared. I scanned through the menu and saw panta on the drinks. I subconsciously smiled remembering Kokichi.

" I'll take panta with burger and fries... I guess? "

" Shuichi... Dear. We're in a restaurant how about ordering some steak instead... " My mother softly suggested. I inwardly cringe at 'Shuichi dear' before shaking my head no.

" I'm fine with just burger and fries... I'm not yet that hungry to order rice. "

Mom nervously looked down to her fingers as she fiddled with her nails.
"R-right..! You must be tired and dizzy from the flight! I forgot sorry about that! " She focused her attention to the menu and ordered steak with coffee while Kaito & Kaede ordered the same as me except the drinks are different.

" Thank you. I'll deliver your orders soon. " The waitress bowed her head and walked off to the kitchen. Mom turned to us and gave an awkward smile.

" So uh... " She looked away before meeting my eyes and looking away again. " Nice weather here huh. "

" Yeah... " I nervously looked away from her. " Great weather here... "

" Gosh! You two are so awkward! " Kaede whined before stretching out her hand to my mom. " My name is Akamatsu Kaede! I'm your son's bestest friend! " She introduced herself while they shaked hands. My mother smiled kindly as if her worries was blown away by how Kaede was acting.

" And I'm Momota Kaito! I'm the greatest friend your son has since he's my sidekick I had to train him to be a better man like me! "

My mother giggled before her eyes warmly looked over to me. " You've found great people to stay by your side Shuichi.. I'm glad you don't have to suffer alone.. "

I narrowed my eyes.
Suffer alone?
" Yeah... I don't have to be alone. " I replied feeling some sort of weird mixed of angry and happy. Her half lidded eyes stared at me apologetically but I was more focus on why she had to say that.

" He wasn't lying then. "

" W-who? " I felt confused. " Uncle? " I responded with the first person she could be mentioning.

" That boy you often hang around back then when you were still with us. "

A boy I often hang around?
My thoughts went to Kokichi at first but I was still confused since she had said that I was with them and that was ages ago maybe when I was even a child.
" Huh? I don't know who's that he you're talking about. "