Chapter 25

Chapter 25

O L L I E

I reached for the olive oil and started drizzling the pan as I seared the scallops in. I didn't notice that I fell asleep in Stefan's arm, the warmth and comfort his embrace provided was very soothing for me, I drifted fast asleep. When I woke up, it was already past two in the afternoon, and we were not able to have our lunch, the excitement and bliss from daddy's presents overshadowed our primal need for sustenance.

I slowly and gingerly lifted my body, careful not to wake my daddy. Even if I wanted to have him lying in our bed in a more comfortable position, his peaceful sleeping face did not allow me to do so. When I was able to successfully climb down the bed, I opened the bedside drawer and looked for a piece of paper, then scribbled a note that I'll just be in the kitchen to whip something for our lunch.

I placed the note on top of the drawer and grabbed some paperweight, then pressed my lips on Stefan's forehead before heading for a change of clothes. I pulled some clothes in the closet, settling for Stefan's white cotton shirt and a snug, cotton boxers he bought for me, the fabric of my clothing so soft and gentle to my skin, I had to express my gratitude to daddy for being so thoughtful about it.

Stefan has done so much for me and I want to be able to show how much I love and appreciate him, so, I will cook for him today. I'm not sure if it will turn out great but I learned from the chefs back at our estate. Mom taught me the basics of cooking, then closed my eyes and sent a silent thanks to my wonderful mother. It turned out that dad was not meant for cooking, and he actually did not mind. He loved my mother's cooking more than anyone.

I saw Trevor and Devon on my way to the kitchen, both of them were so focused on what they were doing, I can't help but get curious. "Trevor, what are you doing?"

Like a deer in the headlights, Trevor froze and slammed his laptop shut, an awkward laugh bubbling out of his throat as he scratched his brow. "Hey, Oliver. Just work. Nothing suspicious." I tilted my head and stared at the both of them, curious at how weird they were acting just now.

Devon cleared his throat and got my attention. "By the way, where are you going?"

My face lit up when I remembered what I was about to do, the thoughts of making my daddy smile got me excited. "Kitchen! I'll cook for Stef." My cheerful answer made them smile as I went out of their way, forgetting their suspicious actions earlier.

I grabbed a clean apron from the drawer and checked the recipe from my phone. I prepared my ingredients for a seared scallop, some vegetable salad, a quick dessert, and some tea-based, fruit-infused drink. I think I'll add some finger snacks as well. I could invite Stefan for a movie night later if he's not busy with work.

I was actually taken by his private cinema-- it has eight seats, cushioned and leather, but Stefan ordered a fluffy sofa for both of us, sitting in the middle of the room; on the side is a huge refrigerator full of snacks and confections, a vending machine solely for the drinks, and a popcorn machine.

The entire floor is covered with red, plush rugs. The walls were splashed with warm colors for a cozy vibe, and overhead lights surrounded the edges of the ceiling. The monitor was huge and with a centralized air conditioning system, and it's like seeing a movie in a public cinema, but a hundred times better and with amazing facilities.

It took me almost an hour to finish my dishes. I bet Stefan is awake by now. I was busy putting the food on the tray when Devon informed me that Stef is at his office right now. I nodded my thanks and picked up the tray. I should have asked for Devon's help. It was a bit heavy but I think I can manage.