Chapter 38

Chapter 38

4:10 pm
Stefan's Manor

O L L I E

Stefan was true to his words. He toured me inside The Phantom's headquarters. The entire area was huge and I was blown away by the number of high-tech machines and equipment. I can tell at first glance that they were very expensive. There were others who are developing new advancements in spy cameras and spy mics.

You might think that The Phantom is like any security company, but the real HQ is underground. According to Trevor, the HQ has three areas. The main area consisted of a kitchen, entertainment area, living space, and rooms for the agents.

The left wing is where Devon trains his men with close combat and long-range tactics. It's also where they try newly-developed weapons and gadgets. Aside from that, Devon has a private office where he can create and develop security devices and software that will strengthen the security of Stefan's estate.

The right-wing is Trevor's domain. His team of ten members manages the flow of information. Trevor even let me see additional pieces of evidence that we will use against Elena.

After the tour, both Stefan and I snuggled in the gazebo. I am straddled on his lap, my head was resting on his chest. His left hand was rubbing soothing circles on my back while his right was squeezing my thigh. "Baby, did you have a good time?"

I nodded and inhaled his manly scent that never fails to make my head spin. "The HQ is so awesome, Stef. It was incredible," I giggled and he hummed.

All of a sudden, I felt him tense up. I sat straight and examined his expression. "Is something wrong?" My hand caressed his cheeks and he closed his eyes.

He glanced at me hesitantly and sighed. "How would you feel if someone so close to you lied, causing you to get hurt?"

I scrunched my face and stared at him in confusion. "Hmm... it depends on the gravity of the situation. Did you lie to me?"

He shook his head furiously and I nodded. We promised that we would be honest with each other so I trust him. I slid my hand around his nape and gently massaged it.

He closed his eyes for a bit and when he opened them again, I can see the worry swirling in those green orbs. "Baby... it's so hard, and I'm so mad," he muttered and buried his face in my neck, then wrapped his arms around me. I sucked a breath when I felt a warm liquid trickle on my neck as he gasped in shallow pants.

Something inside me broke when I heard how crushed and heartbroken he was. My throat clamped and I bit my lips to stop my tears. Why is he crying? Who hurt him? Who hurt my precious daddy?

I clenched my teeth and embraced him protectively. I won't forgive anyone who hurts Stefan. No one gets away with hurting someone I love; even if it's a relative of mine.

****
Bedroom
9:15 pm
Stefan's Manor

Stefan was in his office when someone knocked on the door. I had just finished my shower. We had a very enjoyable dinner. Jesse was excitedly sharing stories that made us laugh and also embarrassed. God, my BFF is naughty.

Trevor had to drag him upstairs for oversharing, while Anna and I snickered when Jesse fluttered his eyes at Trevor and Trevor almost gave in.

When I opened the door, I saw my grandparents. I smiled at them and hugged them. "Grandma, Grandpa. Come inside. Stef is at his office with Trevor and Devon, doing last-minute checks for the succession ceremony." They both nodded and sat down on the loveseats, while I settled on our bed. "It's been so long since we've been together! I missed you both, so much!"