Chapter 31

Chapter 31

S T E F A N

I stared at Oliver, dumbfounded, and felt so small that I was worried about such a simple thing. When I told him that, he dismissed me with a glare, and damn, how can he make an "angry look" seem so cute?

He folded his arms, a frown on his face. "Silly daddy! Your concerns are valid, no matter how small it is. If it makes you feel bad to the point where you feel so conflicted you can't tell me, then it is serious. I won't let you deal with it alone. We're in this together, is that clear?" He angrily spat, his face red with frustration, and the laughter that I tried to contain since his adorable glare a while ago bursts out, while Oliver narrowed his gaze on me.

"Damn, baby boy. How can you make my worries disappear like that? I must have looked like a fool, trying to make a storm in a teacup." I shook my head, a wide smile on my face, and the problem I have been struggling with just vanished into thin air. This is what Oliver does to me. He makes everything better without even trying.

Oliver huffed and pouted. "Fine, I'll let you go this time for making fun of me, but you have to tell me the reason why you were sulking, as to what Trev noticed." I should've known it was Trevor. I pride myself on being able to hide my emotions well, but I guess it was futile from the start.

"Alright, but promise me. You won't laugh or make fun of me." Oliver nodded and pressed his lips on mine, a silent promise that he will keep his word. I filled my lungs with air and closed my eyes hard, and opened them. "I... I was jealous. Okay? That's it. We're done." A shallow laugh bubbles out of my throat, as I try to escape a very awkward and humiliating situation.

"Of whom?" Oliver asked seriously, so I glanced at him, confusion on his face, a hint of anger crossing his brown eyes. Anger? "Of whom, Stef? I'm asking you." I was startled by the hard tone of his voice, indicating that he is mad. He has never been mad. Oliver and anger do not match well. In fact, they don't match at all.

"Remember when you mentioned how the name of your first love is the password to your box?" His face brightened and nodded. "I got jealous because of that. It's just my selfish need to monopolize your everything. I'm sorry for being so immature," I uttered softly, the unpleasant feeling coming back in waves.

"Is that something you should be ashamed of, daddy?" He asked with a smile, the frown on his face disappeared.

"But... that was so trivial and annoying. I hate feeling like this."

"You hate me?" He asked softly and I shook my head furiously.

"No! What I mean is, I don't like feeling jealous because I don't know how to deal with it. I have never been jealous, and you're the first one, Ollie."

"If you hate that feeling, then you also hate me. Getting jealous of someone over me just shows how much I mean to you. You don't want me to get taken, right? If you don't want to feel jealous anymore, does that mean that you are giving me up?"

"No! Never! Not a chance!" I bellowed as I tightened my grip on his hands. I will never let him go.

He smiled and nodded in understanding. "It's alright to be jealous. As long as it is within reason." Then he sighed. "I guess I should apologize too."

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong." It was all me. I was the one who made things complicated.

"Yes, I did. I should've made myself clear so there won't be any misunderstandings," he sighed, an amused smile on his lips.