Chapter 26

Chapter 26

S T E F A N

"How's the investigation, Trevor?" I asked the head of my intelligence, both of us, along with Devon were having a meeting on how to deal with Peterson and Oliver's aunt. I can't let go of this easily, knowing how terrified he made my baby. "How did he get in? Did the footage give us some answers?"

Trevor lifted his head from his laptop and sighed. "Generally, it's going well. I have deployed my men to hack and collect every single detail about Peterson, and every single evidence we can gather that will point him as an aggressor."

"And?" No one can blame me for my impatience. I want this case solved and the culprits behind bars so my baby can sleep without worries.

"Regarding Oliver's 'almost' car accident, the mastermind behind that was Elena, Oliver's aunt, and the one who sent threats and ordered to terrorize your baby was her son."

The revelation was to be expected but I can't stop myself from getting livid, clenching my fists on top of my table. What right do they have to inflict fear and pain on Oliver, their blood relative? I will make sure that they will pay for all that they had done to Ollie.

"And with regards to how he got in at the mall," Devon continued, "It seemed like he knows one of the guards and paid him good money so he can slip in undetected in a guard uniform, therefore not arousing suspicions." The hard expression on Devon's face indicated how pissed and mad he was. After all, this man is the epitome of honor and integrity. "Don't worry, I took care of the situation and informed Chris about this development."

I nodded my thanks and we continued to discuss a plan to lure out Elena and his son. "Since we were able to gather some pieces of evidence, it's actually easy to get them arrested. They won't be able to use their resources to get bail." My forehead crinkled and I looked at Trevor with confusion.

"What do you mean?"

He typed something on his laptop and showed me hard data. "It seemed like the money they used to harass Oliver was still Oliver's money, and your dad started to do his part too. He informed the banks about the situation and they started to freeze the accounts of those two. Multiple investors are also pulling out from their business."

Dad, huh? I think I have to express my thanks later. "That's good news, Trevor. But how were they able to access Ollie's money?"

"Specifically, they share 10% of the stocks of the company, and when you think about it, is quite a huge sum, considering how enormous Oliver's company is. Not only that, the inheritance Oliver received from his parents and grandparents is enough to feed a whole country for five years. That's how much Oliver is worth," Trevor answered casually, his tone impressed.

Well, I know my baby is rich, but I just found out how much. "My baby is priceless, Trevor." Trevor rolled his eyes and answered with a 'duh'. Devon just shook his head, a small smile on his lips. "Enough about that. If the investors are pulling out, then that means the empire will get affected too?"

Devon chimed in. "Not exactly. Those investors are loyal to the Pines family. When we said business, we're not referring to the empire. It seemed that Elena and her son has been embezzling funds and were able to establish their own company, spreading that it's a subsidiary of the empire. That's how they were able to attract some investors. Izen and Mara found out about it, and they were able to gather enough evidence to convict them of their crimes, but--"