Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Private Library, Stefan's Manor

S T E F A N

"Daddy, open up, please?" Oliver requested politely as he holds up a fork with a sliced pancake, beaming at me. I gleefully accepted his offer with an overdramatic munch that made my baby giggle, his eyes squinting, and his cheeks blushing faintly.

"Now, it's my baby's turn," I said as I hold up a cubed apple that Oliver happily ate, bouncing a bit before keeping still, when he noticed that he almost spilled his glass of juice resting on the small table on his left. His eyes widened at the realization and looked at me apologetically, his lips in a downward motion.

I smiled and kissed his forehead. "No problem, baby boy, as long as you know what you did wrong." Oliver nodded and went back to his cheerful self, as we exchange in feeding each other.

We were snuggling and enjoying the warmth provided by the fire when I heard Oliver's stomach rumbled, as I glanced at the untouched tray of snacks. When I turned my attention back to him, he pushed himself up and kissed me all over my face while apologizing. He was so preoccupied with the books and his thoughts that he forgot to eat.

Of course, I easily forgave him. I was not mad in the first place, just a bit concerned. I want Oliver to be healthy and fit. That's why I prefer to cook for him instead of having our food delivered from one of my restaurants.

Before, I basically eat and sleep at one of my hotels, my apartment, and my private estate was not somewhere I considered resting in. It was convenient actually. I can manage my business efficiently and effectively. But everything changed because of Oliver. The positive kind of change. He's a breath of fresh air to my mundane, busy, and boring corporate lifestyle.

Last night, as I lay awake, staring at my baby like I always do, several thoughts came into mind, the one being at the forefront is my fear that Oliver is going to disappear on me in just a flash, leaving me broken and in so much pain...the deep-seated insecurity must have come from the fact that Oliver is the only one making me feel a multitude of emotions, the one who makes me feel so vulnerable and raw.

He makes my world brighten with just a single smile, and everything just gets a whole lot easier to carry when I have him clinging to me. A kiss from him is all it takes to keep my worries at bay. I even found myself smiling more and being a bit lively than I used to, and it's because of Ollie. The thought of him being gone is eating up my mind and causing me anxiety.

What if I'm not the one for Oliver? He has been through so much that I fear I will mess up and hurt him unintentionally. Then he will leave me because that's how fucked I am. Causing him pain has got to be one that keeps me awake at night. Then the cycle begins again.

But when I happen to hear him talking to his parents about how he feels about me, I had to grip the side of the door for support, those words giving me the security I need. When he looked at me with those eyes full of determination and certainty, my fears disappeared.

The fire I see in his eyes made my heart race and my pulse throb, the emotions that I never saw in his expression before so visible, it made me breathless-- it's possession and a new level of confidence-- something I never thought my baby would feel towards me.

Throughout the days we spent together, no matter how much I shower him with love through words and actions, I can still read a hint of hesitation in his beautiful orbs, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. And I do understand. Trusting someone means giving them the license to hurt you, no need to sugarcoat it. Because that's the reality of it. But to be able to love someone without reservations, that's a true testament of bravery and true love.