Chapter 24

Chapter 24

S T E F A N

I put my baby down when we reached the door to our bedroom, a permanent smile on his face and a little bounce on his toes, his excitement over the present I'm going to give him was overflowing. My hand went to the top of his head and ran my fingers through his soft curls. "Easy, sweet doll. I don't want you hurting yourself due to overexcitement," I reminded him, a small chuckle bubbling out of my throat.

Oliver stopped bouncing and took a deep breath then glanced up at me, as he adorably nodded, his beaming face earned a rain of tiny kisses from me. God, can Ollie get more adorable than he is now?

I held his hand and we entered our room. A gleeful squeal filled the space as he stared at the pile of boxes on top of our bed; the boxes were of varying sizes. It was a blessing in disguise that the shipment of my packages was delayed.

At least, I was able to cheer up my boy. These packages were already pre-ordered two weeks ago, and it was supposed to arrive about three days ago, but some unforeseen circumstance and technical problems got in the way. Oliver bounced on his feet as he clasped both of his hands, staring at me with sparkling eyes, waiting for my permission.

When I nodded, he ran to the boxes and happily laughed. I shook my head and smiled. It seems that I'm pretty weak when it comes to my small bean. Just a smile from him weakens my resolve, and when he threw his signature 'puppy eyes', then it's already a done deal.

"Daddy! Lots of gifts! For me?" He confirmed as he kneeled in the middle of the bed as he arranged the boxes according to their sizes. Hmm... my little prince likes to have his things in proper order. I'll take note of that.

I sat on the foot of the bed and smiled at my baby. "Of course, little one. These gifts are for my baby Ollie. Where's my baby Ollie?" He raised his hand and giggled, his eyes squinting a bit as he bounced softly on the bed.

"Me! Me, Ollie! Me, daddy!" My boy answered with so much energy and giggled even more. I nodded and reached for his cheek, gently caressing it as he leaned against my touch. I thought I won't be able to see my baby happy and enjoying himself like this again, right after what happened, but I was wrong. Good thing I was wrong. He is bursting with so much happiness I can't help but get affected, the anger I felt earlier seemingly appeased by my baby's pleasant disposition. He makes everything better.

"Why don't you open your presents, baby boy?" Oliver furiously nodded and reached for a small box. He carefully unwrapped the package and his expression becomes even brighter when he saw his first present. With wide eyes, he picked up the terrarium sippy cup I have ordered abroad. I had it customized so there's a small jungle with a tiger at the bottom of his cup. The glass used was of the highest quality so it won't break easily, two handles on both side so my baby can grab it with ease, and a customized glass straw with tiger prints on it.

In the middle of the glass is his name imprinted on it with glow-in-the-dark paint and some glitters, giving it a beautiful sparkle, which Oliver absolutely loved. I'm sure my baby would love it even more when he realize that the prints on his sippy cup changes color according to the temperature of the contents.

"Daddy bear?" He called my attention in a wobbly voice and his eyes filled with unshed tears. I looked at him affectionately, not minding the nickname he gave me. It's quite cute, actually. But only if he's the one using it. Any other person will receive a smack from me. Just saying.