Chapter 18

Chapter 18

S T E F A N

I can actually feel my heartbeat stop as my whole world came crashing down-- my greatest fear materializing while I stay frozen as I received the greatest shock of my life. I just received the biggest blow that rendered me incapable of moving, expecting the heart-shredding pain to assault me yet it didn't happen.

Rather, I feel so hollow and lifeless. All the colors decorating my life dulled and lost its once-vivid liveness. I can't even move as I lost all the energy I got. I wracked my brains up trying to understand what the fuck happened yet it came empty.

Everything was going well. I had my baby inside of my arms, being so pliant and submissive as he responded to my touch with utmost surrender. Then in just a flash, he was gone. My gaze went down to my shaking, empty hands as the realization dawned into me-- Ollie's gone. My baby left me.

I had to grip my chest at the onslaught of that painful, life-robbing sensation that got me on my knees, gasping as tears filled my eyes, the fact that my baby was gone is ripping me to shreds, like a thousand bullets punched a hole through me, then beat me up till I can't stand anymore, leaving me to bleed out. My hand fisted on the rug beneath me as I tried to steady my breathing, the pain coming at me in batches, not letting me breathe.

"O-ollie...my baby..." I cried as I stifled the sobs urging to come out, shallow gasps from my mouth with the intent of filling my lungs with oxygen, the searing pain definitely will be part of my life from now on if I don't do something to get him back.

But will he still want me? After I hurt him? The one thing I never ever wanted to do? Will he still look at me full of love and admiration knowing that I broke my promise?

This time, I did not stop myself as I cry harder than I did in my whole life. Not even a rejected business proposal as I was starting up reduced me to tears. Nor the way how I found out that my ex-littles are cheating on me and taking advantage of my status. It hurt my pride and ego, but that was it. This kind of piercing and numbing pain in my chest getting more and more crushing by the minute-- my baby was the only one who made me feel this way. To the point that ending my life is just a cinch compared to what I'm feeling right now.

"Tsk. Pathetic. Why are you moping down there? Trying to memorize the patterns of that expensive fabric?" I lifted my head and was welcomed with Trevor's irritated and sarcastic expression. Any other day I would bite back but that blow did not even affect me. I guess the pain is so bad I had gone numb. I just sat there, staring at nothingness as he delivers his preaching.

"What are you still doing here? Get up and follow him, Stefan. Nothing would be resolved if you keep on having your own pity party. Get your baby, Alexandrei, or he would be gone forever," Trevor warned me, but I just shook my head and gave him a hollow laugh, as the reality of the situation just made it a thousand times heartbreaking for me. Trevor doesn't need to voice out what my heart is so terrified of.

"Hah. As if he would want me. After I hurt him." Tears came pouring out when another flash of pain came at me, as I clenched my teeth and gripped my hair. The horrible feeling is slowly consuming me, tempting me to resort to methods I did not even dream of doing.

Trevor sighed in exasperation and leaned on the nearest closet before glancing back at me. "What did you do?"

I flinched at his gentle tone so I lifted my gaze and was surprised when I saw his expression full of understanding. "W-why? Aren't you angry at me?" I asked, confused.

He gave me a small smile and sat down on the nearby couch. "Who am I to get mad? I am absolutely certain that this is just a misunderstanding. It's your first relationship after all." I was about to object when he cut me off. "Real relationship. I understand it all, Stefan. Several emotions coming at you like a missile, not knowing what to do until unknowingly, it overwhelms you. 'Where's the line here? How far should I go? When should I stop? Am I doing it right?'" Trevor gave a small smile while I sat still, unable to say a word as he vocalized the anxieties I wasn't able to say.