13| unhand me at once!

"How the hell could you do this, Bryn?!"

     My eyes are wide with fright as my mom observes the intoxication showing through on my face. I feel Ace turn on his heel as if to sneak away, but Anson pulls him in by the shirt and shoves him over to the couch.

     Was that necessary? I try to catch Anson's eyes, but he's focused on everything but me.

    I'm most embarrassed that Ace is here to witness this go down.

Though... it serves him right. He got me into this mess.

    "Bryn, why?" Indie gasps from her spot on the couch. Ace shifts uncomfortably. His blue eyes are on me.

    This is all your fault.

   I narrow my eyes, shooting him the dirtiest look I can.

    "You're not drunk, too?" Anson looks at Ace closely, still ignoring me to assess the blond. Ace swats my brother-in-law away.

   I guess he had no idea how protective over me Anson is.

    "No. And I drove Bryn home before anything happened." He looks up at my sister's husband.

     "Nothing was going to happen." I interject with a sneer.

      My mom shakes her head, off to the side of the room. "I always have trusted you girls growing up. If I need to be stricter, I will. I do not tolerate partying, young lady. You're barely seventeen."

    That would require her to stop working to manage.

     My face grows red with heat. My cheeks are burning.

    This isn't fair!

   "Really? Indie and Anson partied? You never cared then!"

    She rolls her eyes. Anson speaks  to me.

    "We did and we both regret it."

    Indie's chimes in, voice strained. "Bryn, can I speak to you? Alone?"

     Everyone looks at me, so I sigh and follow my sister into another room. Her blue eyes look pained when she turns around and shuts the door.

    "Bryn, we're just looking out for you." She starts by saying.

   "I don't get it," I hiss, "I remember Anson taking you to parties. Why is it different for me?"

     Lemme guess, I'm just the little sister? To the incomparable Indie Jasper?

    "Bryn," Indie sighs, "I never told you this, but I got assaulted at a party. I got roofied at a party. I had some bad stuff happen, because I put myself in that harmful situation."

    What? Roofied? Assaulted?

   Indie?

   I can't believe this.

   "You never told me about that." My voice is low. I feel hurt.

     Did she not trust me?

    How long ago did this happen?

    "It was difficult for me. It was very hard to deal with. Luckily, I had Anson there when it happened, but that didn't stop it from happening in the first place."

     I bite my lip, growing cold.

     "So?" I ask, "you want me to be careful?"

   "I want you to stop going out like this. And try and get Ace to stop, too."