27| i'm super nervous

I jolt awake and sit upright, as soon as the sun hits my face.

   Oh my gosh.

   It's finalist day, again!

  I kick off the crisp-white hotel sheets in a frenzy. My heart is racing with anticipation. I've even managed to wake ten minutes before my alarm was even set to go off.

   It's going to be a good day.

  I jump into the shower and shave every bit of hair that I can off my body. I lotion and perfume. I do my makeup, and then I do my hair. I slide into my black dress, the one I reserved for today, and I take a mirror selfie to send to my family.

   The day is full of promise.

   And I am full of hope.

   I get breakfast sent to my room, and I eat several bites of grapefruit and french toast, before   I down my bacon and eggs.

    After I've brushed my teeth and readied completely, I hear a knock on my door.

   I open it up to see Mr. Hawkins beaming brightly. He's wearing a plaid suit. It looks very English teacher-esque.

   "Good morning, Bryn!" He glances into my room behind me, "Are you all ready to go?"

   Am I?!

   I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

   I nod, grabbing my things and closing the door behind me as I join him in the hall. When I get outside, I notice Ace leaning against the wall.

   My heart stops beating when I see him. I know for a fact that he still remembers how I feel in his hands and on his lips.

   It sends an unwanted shockwave of nerves down my spine.

    Ignore it. I tell myself. Mr. Hawkins must've got Ace before me. I can't be distracted today.

    Now that we're ready, our teacher starts down the hall, leaving me to walk with Ace.

  I'll admit, I never thought this far ahead when I did what I did last night. I never planned on how I would feel afterwards.

    I'm a ball of nerves.

   What's worse, Ace seems quiet this morning.

   He doesn't speak as we walk down the hall, and that makes me too afraid to say something first.

   Why is he so quiet?

    I'm left remembering the softness of Ace's shirt against my fingertips, instead.

    When we get outside of the hotel, a limo is already waiting.

    "Our school has got style." Mr Hawkins smirks. I think it's a bit excessive, but whatever floats his boat, I guess.

    If I could drag up the courage to look at Ace, I would smile knowingly at him, and I just know that we would make fun of the limo with nothing but the look in our eyes.

     Focus.

   Silently, we file into the back seat. I sit alone, and Ace sits beside of Mr. Hawkins, across from me. I put my hands in my lap. I can feel Ace's stare on my neck. It makes me feel hot.

   Mr. Hawkins has no idea.

   I'm burning up. Now I'm too scared to look Ace in the eyes.

    After a suffocating drive, we finally make it to the location. There is some paperwork and picture-taking, and then we are taken to the stage.