³.³leaky cauldron

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑
𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐍

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ ATHENA HAD ALWAYS WANTED A PET, but seeing as she was already occupied with other things, she wasn't able to have one. Another reason why she didn't have one is because as a child, her father would turn into his animagus and Athena basically considered him as a pet. Well, until she grew up.

The father-daughter duo walked in The Magical Menagerie shop, both feeling excited to purchase a pet.

Athena eyes immediately widened in awe, scanning around the shop full of various animals and creatures. Grey irises wandered around, noticing the different breeds, types, and even toys for the pet. 

The girl's soft spot for animals and creatures became thickly obvious, as her mouth opened in  a smile, matching the amused expression on her face. But due to this, she could easily become oblivious to the danger of an animal if she finds them cute. But if they aren't, she would still find a way to tame the animal. And she always succeeds.

"Alright Fi," Sirius looked at his daughter. "Anything in here catch your eye?"

Athena's eyes continued to wander around the shop, looking for another friend. Then, her eyes laid on one.

Athena smiled open-mouthed, running to the animal. She looked at the cat, a black one. Its midnight fur blending in within the shade of the cage, but it's striking eyes is what made her interested. The two different coloured eyes stood out. An icy blue colour on its left, and a bright emerald colour on its right.

"Dad look at it..." Athena spoke softly, her face still in awe of the animal in front of her.

"Um, 'Thena love," Sirius looked at the cat. "You sure it's a good idea bringing a cat home?"

Athena looked at her dad, then looked back at the cat in front of her. "Don't worry dad, she'll get used to you. I've read somewhere that it only takes a while for cats and dogs to get along."

"Okay..." Her father said unsurely. "I'm trusting you with this."

"Besides, I'll be taking him or her to Hogwarts with me so you have nothing much to care about."

"Okay then," Sirius sighed. "If you want her we can get her."

Athena's eyes filled with joy. Her face lit up and she had an excited smile on her face. She hugged her father tightly, thanking him. Then a lady, somewhere around their late forties, walked over to the two, asking if they had wanted to buy anything.

───── ❦ ───── 

Athena and her father entered the Leaky Cauldron, a black cat in Athena's arms and an owl, it's colour soft grey, in Sirius'. Everybody - The Potters, The Weasleys and Hermione - were already inside the pub, all sitting around the large table. Everyone noticed the arrival of the two, telling them to sit as they pointed to the two empty spots near Harry and James.

"Woah Pads, I didn't know you were getting an owl." James looked at the caged-animal in Sirius' hand.

"Yeah, decided it was time to finally get my own." Sirius replied. The adults and children conversed separately, James and Sirius asking the Weasley couple about their vacation and the children talking about the two new cats.