ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

𒊹︎︎︎ Cry of pain

𒊹︎︎︎ Cry of pain.

"Thank you Ben" Theo muttered urgently as he got out of the car and ran inside his estate.

The first thing he saw was Liz hugging Henry tightly while crying over his shoulder. Theodore's heart dropped at the sight, it was rare to see Liz cry. She was a strong woman and he knew it.

He awkwardly cleared his throat as they instantly parted.

"Oh, my Theo!" Liz cried out as she ran towards him and hugged the life out of him.

"There there" Theo whispered, not knowing what else to say as his gaze fell on Henry and inspected his body for any injuries.

Henry had a sad smile on his face as Theo walked up to him "I am fine young master—" Henry answered Theo's unasked question as he continued "—But the young miss isn't. She is waiting for you in the office"

Theo's jaw tightened as his fingers balled up in a fist. Theo turned on the heels of his shoe as he walked towards his office at a quick tempo. His heart hammering against his chest in nervousness, he knew he wasn't ready to see the damages Inez had incurred.

He knew he would kill someone or break something, he had to get a hold of himself. He breathed in a deep breath as he clutched the door handle of his office.

He slightly opened the door while breathing out as his gaze fixed on the brown-haired beauty near the window as she kept looking down at something.

Her lower lip was trapped between her teeth as her eyes brimmed with tears, but dare they escape! Her silver eyes sparkling with unshed tears brought about the memories of the first time Theo had seen her.

The time when she was just a mere child.

Theo stood outside the tall iron gates, clutching onto his umbrella as Henry and Liz stood beside him.

He wasn't ready to go in yet. In fact, he doesn't think he ever will be.

But he knew how important this day was as he slowly walked in with Henry and Liz following behind.

He saw the one thing he most dreaded to see. The coffin of his father. Stepfather to be precise. The area wasn't as crowded as he reckoned, only family and close friends.

Still, he wasn't invited.

He saw a child clutching the coffin with her tiny hands, refusing to let it go as her mother kept scolding her to leave it, the child did not care about the heavy snowfall. Something was odd about this kid, she was neither crying nor letting it go just reluctant and in denial.