Christmas special

Start from the beginning

As we arrived back at my house, the boys got out of the car. France should already be inside preparing lunch.

The boys rushed inside and ran over to the Christmas tree, picking up the boxes and shaking them.

"No presents yet," I said.

The boys let out a collective disappointed sigh and sat on the couch. It was kind of funny. I walked into the kitchen to see my beautiful wife cooking. I gave her a big hug.

"Dear, I'm cooking. Affection is not found in the kitchen," She said. I let go of her and sat down at the table.

"Why are you wearing sweaters?" I heard Australia asked in the other room.

"Because it's cold," America answered.

I immediately knew that this wasn't going to end well. This was also Australia's first first Christmas with us and well... his climate is different.

"No it's not! It's bloody hot!" Australia shouted.

"How is it hot? It's winter," Canada added.

"Maybe we should just give them the presents now," France said, turning the stove off.

"Good idea," I nodded as I stood up and walked into the lounge to see both Australia and America fighting each other.

"Present time!" I called, and the boys stopped fighting. France came in and sat down next me.

The boys sat, buzzing with excitement as I pulled out the first present and read the name.

"Australia, this one's yours," I said. Australia grabbed the present and started unwrapping it.

"It's an ant farm," Australia said, sounding disappointedly. He placed it to his side.

"America, here you go," I said as I passed his present. He unwrapped the present to reveal the tank of oil.

"Aw HELL YEAH!!" America shouted as he embraced it.

Canada got a large supply of maple syrup while New Zealand got a packet of crayons. After a few more gifts, the kids seemed happy enough.

"Are you serious! You got me and Kiwi some lousy gifts for a $1 store! And you got your favourite children a whole a$$ tank of oil and you got Canada a brand new laptop! What the hell!" Australia shouted angrily.

"There are no favourites," I defended.

"You are such a f#cking liar!!" He shouted.

"Hey! Do not speak to me like that!" I shouted back.

"Sweetie! Calm down. Okay, it's Christmas and Australia, Ireland left you a gift, it's behind the Christmas tree," France said. Australia held his tongue as he reached behind the tree to drag out something very heavy.

We all watched as he unwrapped the mini fridge Ireland had gotten him for Christmas. A smile came upon Australia's face as he hugged the fridge.

"What about me?" New Zealand asked.

"Oh, uh..." I completely forgot to get him something else.

"We got you fish sweetie." France said holding up a random fish bowl we had lying around.

"Where is the fish?"

"You get to pick which one you get at the pet store," France answered.

"Yay!" New Zealand celebrated.

That was close. At least all the boys were happy now.

"Lunch will be ready shortly," France smiled as she stood up and walked back to the kitchen.

"What are you going to call the fish?" Australia asked New Zealand.

"Hmm, Horse!" New Zealand came up with. So ridiculous, but wonderful at the same time.

"Horse is a stupid name," America said. And once again, the boys started fighting.

It's good to have the family back to normal.

"Dad, Australia got a hold of America's gun," Canada said.

"Where did America get a gun?!" I shouted as I tried to stop the fight.

"I uh... bought it," America said awkwardly as Australia had him pinned down with the gun pointed towards America's head.

"Can I have a gun?" New Zealand asked.

"No, if you are going to fight each other, you use your fists," I said as I took the gun out of Australia's hand.

"Fists eh?" Canada smirked.

"Canada, I swear to god, if you make one more f#cking innuendo I will break your new laptop!"