Chapter 48 ❤️ Not easy ❤️

Ryan stops and parks the car when we reach our destination which I've never been. I take a look at the shop in front of us. I frown and look at him. "We're in front of a bike shop? I thought you're taking me to breakfast?"

"I am. And we're here. And you might be surprise if you meet someone in there." Ryan replies while unbuckling his seat belt. It just makes me more curious now but I follow him anyways. "It's better be really surprising."

"It will, I promise." He smiles at me. Oh, I love that smile.

Ryan gets out of the car first and I follow after him. He takes my hand as soon as we're outside. He smiles at me and intertwines our hands together which I think is cute. I just let him and follow him when he walks in to the shop.

As I step into the shop, I realize it's not really a bike shop. It's a cafe shop. Like they have a bike shop at this side and a cafe at the other side.

"Hey, Louis." I hear Ryan greets someone and has this bro like handshake while that someone greets him back.

"Abby, this is Louis. If you remember."

"Hmm?" I have a puzzle look while looking at them.

"Louis. Our friend from the same school when we were 5. The one who always gives you sweets but I steal them from you. Remember?"

Louis. Oooo, I know him! Yes, he always so kind to me since we were kids.

"Yes! I know him. You always wait in front of my house after coming back from school to give me sweets. Of course I remember that." I smile brightly remembering the memories we had when we were kids and now we meet again as teenagers and it's kinda awkward to see him again like this.

"How are you, Abby? Long time no see." Louis reaches out his hand and I accept his handshake.

"Well, I'm great. I think it has been 12 years or more maybe. And yeah, it's a long time I see. How about you? How did you find Ryan first before me? He was not that kind to you."

Louis just gives a little laugh and Ryan is giving me this 'What?' look.

"Hahaha. Yeah, he was. We just happened to bump into each other last week when I was staying at my cousin's for his wedding. Surprisingly, he recognised me first."

"I see. Seems like he's not that bad to you now."

"Excuse me?" Ryan interrupts me.

"I'm just kidding!" I defend myself.

"So, I assume you guys are here for your plan, right?" Louis ask Ryan and leaves me confuse.

"What plan?"

"Here. Take the keys and enjoy your date." He shoves the keys to Ryan and Ryan takes it.

I just glare at them since nobody answers me. Ryan smiles a little and taking my hand again, "Okay, let's go. Don't be mad. You'll know it later. Thank you, Louis."

*****

"You're kidding, right? You should have told me we're riding a bike so that I won't wear dress???" I look at the bike in front of us and gape.

"Well, it's not a problem. I'll be cycling it and you are the passenger." He replies so calmly that it almost annoys me.

Ryan gets on the bike, ready to move and ask me to sit at the back. "Come here, I swear you can trust me I can ride this bike safely."

I sit at the back with my legs at one side and trying to balance myself. I put my handbag on my lap to prevent the wind from blowing my skirt.

"Can we go now?"

I reply with a yes. I just realized it now that the bike shop is in front of a lake. Not a really big one but still look cool for dates. I found that they made it into a park. A nice idea to make it into a service of riding a bike around the park. And the scenery, it's so green around us but you still can see the blue sky and birds flying around.

I am still looking around when I feel Ryan's hand taking mine and wrap it around his torso. I blush a little when I can feel his abs through the shirt but I hold on to him to make sure I won't fall.

He starts to ride and I can feel the wind blowing my hair and I like it. I've always wanted to feel this feeling again with a peaceful view.

I am interrupted in my world when suddenly I feel a bump and I hug Ryan tightly because I was afraid to fall.

"Ryan! You said you're good in this!" I scold him but still hug him.

He turns to me a little before saying, "That one is intentional. I'm good at taking chances too." I can see his smirk from behind and I hit his shoulder. He laughs a little but I don't leave my hands from hugging him because well I'm not complaining. He feels good to be hugged.

Not long after, he stops and turns to me.

"We're here."

I look at the picnic set up in front of us and my mouth gaped in aw. I've always wanted to have a picnic date and this is a whole dream comes true. And the set up is pretty too which is a bonus. I've always imagined myself setting up a picnic date by myself to surprise someone, not knowing someone is one step ahead of me and made one for me.

 I've always imagined myself setting up a picnic date by myself to surprise someone, not knowing someone is one step ahead of me and made one for me

"How did you know?" I ask him as I get off the bike.

"Know what?" He steps off and asks me back.

"That I want a picnic date?"

"Well, I just know. Maybe we are really meant for each other?"

I narrowed my eyes at him because that just sounds cheesy and suspicious.

Then, realization hits me.

"Did you ask Mom-"

"Come on, lady. We have a date so let's talk about this later. I'm hungry." He interrupts me and holds my shoulder to walk towards our picnic date.

"When did you planned all of this though?" I ask as we sit and I take a look at all of the food and decoration. We have sandwiches, chicken wings, pizza, salad, my favourite dessert which is cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, and some starbucks drinks which are also my favourite order, iced caramel machiatto.

"Well, I'm always prepared. Maybe 2 months ago?" He replies casually and I widen my eyes listening to his answer.

"I'm just kidding, Abby. It was 2 days ago."

"2 days ago? So, you already planned to confess yesterday? It was not spontaneous, was it?"

He smiles sheepishly and answers, "Yup, even if you didn't hurt your arm, I already planned to drive you to your competition. So, the incident just gave me a better reason to drive you there."

"You planned with Harley?!" The fact they are ganging up behind me makes me want to be mad because she didn't tell me. Well, of course it's a secret, must be dumb for her to tell me herself. So, I just save the thought to kill her by myself.

"Uh-huh. Don't kill that girl. She was just helping me."

"You're sure you didn't just read my mind?" How did he know I'm about to kill her?

"Trust me, Abby. I know you more than you know." He smirks.

I just roll my eyes at his statement.