Chapter 17 ❤️ Not ready ❤️

I open my eyes and feels my head hurts a little. I holds my head and try to sit.

Where's Ryan? That's the first thing comes to my mind when I didn't see him beside me. I try to get up and go downstairs to look for him. When I'm trying to get up from my bed, I hear my bathroom door opens.

"Abby? Why are you getting up? Do you want something? I can take it for you." He quickly holds my shoulders when he comes out of the bathroom. His face is a little wet and I think he just went to wash his face. To be honest, I feel relieved to see his face.

"No, I don't want anything. I think you already left." He sits me on the bed and takes a seat beside me.

"Of course not. I said that I'll stay, right?" He tucks some hair behind my ear.

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"About three hours. It's already 2 pm." He looks at his wrist watch. Then, I saw his outfit. He is still wearing sleeveless jersey and sweatpants. Then, I remembered about what happened.

"You must be here since this morning, right? You are still wearing your jogging outfit. I'm sorry, I made you stay here." I look at him with apologetic face.

"It's alright. It is Sunday, by the way. And of course I will stay and help my friend, right?"

"Thank you, for saving me. I was thinking about something this morning. I thought it would be best to get some fresh air. But, I can't stop myself from thinking about it. So, I was a little confused. Sorry for disturbing your time." I can't look at his eyes because I am embarrassed. I fainted in his hands and cried my eyes out in front of him. I just look at my hands.

"Well, actually I was on my way to your house actually. So, you're not disturbing my time. It's just I know something was wrong when you didn't look at me when I called you."

"My mind was somewhere. I guess that's why."

"Want to talk about it?"

I look at him when he said that. I don't know whether I should tell him or not. I'm not ready to tell anyone but he is there for me. I am confuse and anxious about telling him that.

'Should I tell him? Yes, he knew my brother. But, I'm not sure about this.'

"Hey, I'm not forcing you. It's okay if you don't want to. Or if you're uncomfortable. I'm just asking if it will make you feel better." His voice snaps me out from my thinking.

"Actually... I... I want to tell you. It's just... It's... Hmmm, I think I'm not ready yet." I shake my head.

"Well, then. I'll wait until you're ready. It's okay." He answers me and I just give him a smile.

"You must be hungry. Do you want to eat? I can tell your mom to heat up the porridge for you." He already wants to stand up.

"Ryan!" I stop him and holds his wrist. He looks at me.

"I want to go downstairs. I've been here for too long. And I want to see Mom." I say to assure him that I am okay.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I just have a little headache. It'll be better after I take some meds. I still can walk." I give him a smile and he just nods.

"Okay, let's go."

•••••

"I told you to be careful. I've been worried when you said you wanted to take a walk alone when you are not okay since this morning."

Mom sits beside me and watch me eat. I feel guilty for insisting to go when she already try to stop me.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry. I feel better already." I take a spoonful of porridge into my mouth.

"You were still thinking about that dream, right?" Surely, mom knows me better than anyone else.

I just nod and give a little smile.

"You didn't blame yourself, right?" Mom continues.

I suddenly remembered that I have the dream again this morning.

I look at Ryan and he shakes his head a little.

"Hmm, yes. It's just kind of disturbing me a little."

"That's good." I see kind of relieve from my Mom and I'm glad that Ryan didn't tell her yet.

"Oh, I've called Harley and told her about you. She said she will drop by after her group meeting." Ryan says to break the silence.

"Okay. Thank you." I give him a smile.

"Ryan, you must be hungry. You have been here since morning. Let me take some porridge for you. I cook a lot though." My mom offers him which is absolutely logical since he'd been helping me.

"Aunt Emma. It's okay. I-"

"Shh. Just eat okay. You've been helping Abby. This is the least I can do for you." My mom stops him from rejecting her offer.

Ryan tries to say 'but', but my mom is faster in telling him that he should eat a little or his mom will hate her.

I laugh a little and shake my head looking at their interactions. They are cute.

"Yes, Ryan. Eat a little." I give him a nod deciding that my mom is right. He accompanied me the whole morning so he at least needs to eat.

"Seems like I have no choice."

•••••

Harley comes to my house just after Ryan goes home. As soon as she gets into my room, she hugs me tight. I don't know why but she looks like I have a bad injury.

"Don't overreacting. I just fainted."

"How can I not worried? You said you were okay when I called. Then, Ryan called me that you nearly got into an accident. I was scared to death that I can't even focus during the meeting." She really looks serious when she said that. I know she will be this worried when Ryan said that he already told Harley.

"Yes, I know. But I'm okay now. See?" I make a turn to show her that I'm totally okay. We go to the kitchen amd I take two glasses and pour us some juices.

"Of course you're okay. Ryan is always by your side. How can you be not okay, right?" She gives me a smirk.

"Harley! That's not it. He just accompanied me. That's all." I already feel the heat up my face.

"Says the one who is blushing." She laughs before continues, "Can't you guys just stop flirting each other? Just admit your feelings and dating already!" She shakes my shoulders which made me feel dizzy.

"Harley, stop it! I'll not help you win the bet easily. Because nothing is happening. Okay?" I hold her hands and shakes my head.

"It is what you said but I know what you're feeling inside. I'm your best friend, remember?" She raise an eyebrow, still trying to make me admit that I like Ryan.

"Keep dreaming, Harley." I tap her shoulder and take my glass to the living room. The longer I keep on talking about this topic, the bigger expectations Harley will have. I think it's better to watch some good movies.