Chapter 57 ❤️ Not shocked ❤️

When I said, we won't get to see each other much, I didn't expect that we won't see each other at all at school. But I am prepared for the worst so I understand him even if we don't have time to call each other at night because his training ends late. And I am an early sleeper.

On Thursday, Mr Xavier, I mean, Uncle George texted me and said that he wants to give a little feast for the basketball team to show his support for his only son and the team. Just some sandwiches from Subway because they need to eat healthy. So, he asked me to go with him at Friday's lunch to visit them with Subway sandwiches. I agreed to his idea as I think Friday is the only day they don't have heavy training. Maybe just focus on the soaking their legs in ice to avoid muscle cramp on the game day. And being the good student I am, I ask Mr Pierce, the basketball coach's permission first before proceeding with anything and he allowed us.

After school on Friday, I wait for Uncle George in front of our school with Harley. We talk to each other about what we should wear tomorrow while waiting for him to arrive.

"Hey, Abby. Sorry, a little bit late because the Subway is quite busy since I bought a lot of the sandwiches." Uncle George comes running to us after he parked his car. The sandwiches in a plastic in his right hand. He is still in suit which means he comes straight away from the office.

"Hey, Uncle George. Nah, it's okay. It's still early. We don't have class after lunch though because everyone is busy preparing for tomorrow's game." I explain to him and then introduce him and Harley properly. They greet each other and we move to the basketball court to give them the surprise. Uncle George said he didn't tell Will about it too.

As we walk closer to the court, we can hear their laughs as they joke with each other. Uncle George open the door to the basketball court first and take a peek inside while me and Harley wait behind him with the sandwiches.

"Dad?" We can hear Will's voice as he is shocked that his Dad is there.

Then, Uncle George comes into the court to hug his son. Me and Harley following his step inside the court after.

"What are you doing here?" Will asks his Dad after they break the hug.

"Surprise!" Uncle George says.

Everyone in the court which is all of the basketball team is now looking at us with shocked face.

"And you girls?"

"We planned it together." I shrug and show him the plastic.

"Seriously, you didn't even tell me!" He said while tapping his Dad's shoulder. Of course Will is taller that Uncle George but other than that, they really look the same.

All of the players now come closer to us and surround together to greet Uncle George and Will introduce them to each other.

When he sees Ryan, they shake hands and he says, "And you're Ryan. We met last time. Abby's boyfriend, right?"

Harley looks at me and I almost choked with my own saliva when he said that but Ryan just relaxes and replies, "Yes, that's me. Nice to see you again."

I try to look around but none of them show that they are shocked with that statement so I assume they didn't hear it.

Not long after that, their coach comes and greets us too with papers in his hand.

"Abigail asked me yesterday so I think it would be good for you guys since we didn't have any heavy training today. And I need to leave early for the last meeting with the game's management team so I'll leave you guys with some plans and I need Adam to help to lead the discussion for the game plan. You can do it while you eat though. Is that okay?" He hands the papers to Adam.