Chapter 46 ❤️ Not secret ❤️

"Well, okay. I admit my defeat. I can't take money from a high schooler though." Mom replies and I know for sure what they are talking about but Aunt Susan and Ryan seems clueless.

"Win what?" Aunt Susan asks which I'm sure also will answer Ryan's curiosity.

"Okay, this may seem childish but I made a bet with Harley on when they will officially date. Harley said before Abby's birthday and I said after graduation. So, she won."

Aunt Susan laughs at the answer, "Wait, so you guys also think that they will end up dating each other?"

Harley smiles happily knowing that another person agrees with her and Mom.

"I know, right? They are obviously like each other, they just took too much time to finally confess to each other." Harley says excitedly.

"Excuse me? We are still here?" Ryan stops the conversation between Mom, Harley and Aunt Susan which is about us as if we are not there.

"Oh, well. You can let go of her hand. I willingly sit alone at the end of the table. You can sit beside her." Harley goes to the end of the dining table and take a sit while Mom and Aunt Susan sit beside each other.

I look at Ryan and shakes my head while smiling. We take our seat across from our mothers.

"Since when exactly?" Harley suddenly asks me as I am nearest to her.

"Today." I say.

"Oh, that makes us have another reason to celebrate." Harley smirks at me.

*****

"So, how was it? Is it fun?" Mom starts the conversation after we finished our meal.

"I enjoyed today. I think it's been a while since I've been really, you know, happy."

"I know, Abby. And I'm so happy to see you happy." Mom says while holding my hand on the table.

I smile a little. Then, I look at Ryan. I raise my eyebrows at him and I'm sure he can understand what I'm trying to say.

He nods a little and pat my back.

"Well, actually. We want to say something." Ryan gets his chair closer to me and trying to look as relax as possible.

"Is it something serious?"

"Really serious."

Mom and Aunt Susan exchange looks with worried expressions on their face.

"About Allan." I say.

"And Dad." Ryan continues.

We all went silent for a while while everyone exchanging looks. I know Mom and Aunt Susan is still thinking on how to tell us but I think the sooner we settle this, the better.

"I'm sorry, I think I should go-" Harley says, breaking the silence in the dining room but I stop her.

"No, it's okay. You've been with me when I was at my worst. You deserve to know this." Harley looks guilty but then she looks at Mom and Mom just smiles and nods.

"We were planning to tell you after your birthday. When you're 18. But I guess that's too late." I hear Aunt Susan says.

They start to explain everything and we all listen keenly on what they are telling us. From the funeral of Allan, to the court scene of Mr. Bishop. Every single detail. Listening to it, I just realized how hard it was for them to keep it from us for a really long time. Just by imagining them need to handle with it since we were kids, and feeling the guilt for the rest of their lives. It must be hard.