Chapter 53 ❤️ Not as expected ❤️

As what I heard, Natasha made up with Brynn and Claire after a week of not talking to each other but I guess they will feel worse if they split up before Natasha moves to LA and leave behind a bad memory for them when now is the only time they have to spend more time together.

Next Saturday, there will be a high school basketball league so Ryan has been quite busy with training and we barely have time to meet up outside of school but he always makes sure to call me every night and we eat lunch together.

Today is Friday and that means they only have a week to prepare for the league. Mom told me that she wants to invite Mr Xavier for dinner and I'm okay with that and it's still okay if William will be there too but I bet he will also be busy with the training though.

I am helping Mom to bake the potatos after seasoning them. We still have an hour before dinner time. Suddenly, I got a call. It's Ryan.

"Hye."

"Hye, baby. I just want to check if I can come to your house earlier? Mom is outstation and I kind of feel bored at home because the training is cancel today."

"Yeah, su-" I haven't finish my words yet when I realize something.

"Wait, what?! You don't have training today and you're coming? You mean for dinner?" Which means William is free too and he is most probably be here and they might see each other. In my house. It's not that they hate each other or something but we still haven't told anyone about our relationship.

"Yeah, your mom invited me. Didn't she tell you? I thought you know? Is it suppose to be... surprise? I hope I didn't spoil anything..." He sounds guilty as if he did something wrong.

I look at Mom which still busy with the pot of the gravy for the steak. "No, there's no surprise. I just didn't know you're coming because... Umm... We are also inviti-" I don't get to finish it before Ryan stops me.

"Uh, sorry. I got a call from Mom. I need to take this. I gues I'll see you later? I'll be on the way in 30 minutes. See you, baby."

"Wait-" and he hang up the call.

I put my phone in my pocket back and strides to Mom.

"Mom, why are you not telling me that you invited Ryan?!"

"Why? It's good, right? Ryan, William and you are friends. Nothing wrong with it. I thought Ryan told you."

And why does he need to tell me when you're the one who invited him?

"No, it's not that simple. We, uhh... I don't know how to say this. But, it's not a good idea."

She still stirring the gravy peacefully while saying, "Does William not know about your relationship? And you're afraid he will find out?"

"Kind of."

"Then, let him know. It's not a bad thing."

"No, that's not the main point. William... He's... You know... Kinda... Have..."

"Oh, wait. He likes you?" This time, she stops and faces me with wide eyes. Glad that she's quick-witted.

I just nod a little.

"And Ryan knows?"

"The basketball team knows."

"It's good then."

What?

"I mean he likes you. And you don't have the chance to reject him because he never really confesses anything, right?"

"I rejected him before but he still thinks I'm single so most probably he still has feelings for me. Well, at least that's what Harley told me from what she saw." I shrug.

"It's possible. Because maybe he thinks that he still has a chance. And if he knows that now you're Ryan's girlfriend, at least he realizes that you won't have feelings for him and he can move on. It's better if he knows."

Well, that actually makes sense. It's not that we can actually hide this relationship forever. Even if I'm still not ready to go public with it, at least letting William knows that I like Ryan will make it better for him to move on and I don't need to feel really awkward with him too.

"Yeah, I think you're right."

*****

After around 40 minutes, Ryan arrives in his navy blue sweatshirt and black jeans. Effortlessly gorgeous. I get the door and give him a hug and a kiss on his cheek before invited him inside. He greets Mom in the kitchen and asks if he can help with anything but we're almost done with everything. We talk for a while and I just remembered that I haven't told him about William.

"Oh, right. I have something to say before we greet our next guests. I hope you're not too shocked for that."

"Okay, that's fine. Who are they?" He still looks pretty calm right now.

"It's William and his dad."

He doesn't react for a while before frowning and asks, "William as in William Xavier? Like, our friend?"

I just nod.

"Okay... So, what's the occasion? I mean it's not that I don't want him here. It's just I'm confuse why he would be here... with his dad..." I realize he started to think something else.

"No, it's not like whatever you think it is. Do you remember we went to a tea party together? Because Mom and his dad are colleagues?"

He stops frowning after remembering that. "Yeah, I do remember that."

"Well, Mom is kinda close with his dad. Like really close." I whisper the latter sentence to avoid Mom from hearing it. And I think Ryan got my point.

"So, she invited them for dinner. Just to get to know each other more. And since we're friends with William, Mom thought that inviting you too would be great too. And she didn't know about what happened. But I told her. And you're already here. I guess we can't run but telling him the truth, right? Do you mind...?" I carefully ask him as I'm afraid if he will be mad with the idea.

"Yes, of course I agree with it. I mean, I would like to tell the whole school, if I can, that you're my girlfriend so that the boys know they don't have a chance." He smirks.

"Ryan, stop teasing."

"Okay, okay. I'm totally okay with that. In fact, I would love to. Do you know how hard it is to see him taking glances at you when we eat lunch together?"

"He did?"

"Of course you didn't realize." He rolls his eyes.

"Awwh, someone is jealous." I caress his cheek seeing how he pretends to be mad.

"I'm going to go change for a minute. You wait here."

"Can't I follow you?" he says jokingly.

I frown at him and shake my head.

Mom clears her throat. "Keep it PG. I can hear what you say."

Ryan laughs, "Okay, I'm just kidding. Wear something that matches me."

With that, I laugh and run upstairs.