Chapter 66 ❤️ Not giving you ❤️

"Abby, you want a tent? Or just foldable chairs?" Ryan comes into the kitchen with a bag of tent in his right hand and a foldable chairs in his left.

I turn around from the fruit cutting I'm doing to see him.

"I don't know... Can we take both?" I actually want to use the tent just to feel more into the scene and it's the beach of course we need to. But, we'll also need foldable chairs to make smores right?

"Yeah, sure. Anything for you." He replies with a smile and goes back to all the preparation he's been doing.

I continue with the works in the kitchen including preparing the food for us to eat when we campfire. Who knows if we are lucky, we get to stargaze there. Smores especially is important because I love desserts.

I put the bag of marshmallow in the rattan basket will all the other food as it is the last one. I push close the basket when someone grabs my waist from behind.

"You're done?" Ryan says before he kisses my cheek then keeping his face beside mine, his hand still hugging me and look at the food that I've prepared for us.

"Yup. All done. Can we go and set up everything now?" I turn to face him and manage to see how close our faces are.

He smiles and nods before he lets go of me and takes all the equipment we need. I noticed he put them in a big IKEA bag so that we don't need to go for 2 or 3 trips just to bring them.

We walk together to the beach. We can see some people are just like us, setting up a campfire or tent to enjoy the night breeze. And maybe some of them are here for a camping with family. We found a perfect spot, nearest to our guest house and not too near to the sea shore. Then, Ryan start setting up the tent which is the most important one for us right now. I help him of course. I'm not that mean.

After finishing with the tent. I manage our food and get ready for dinner while Ryan make a fire for our campfire. And it's getting cold so we really need some heat now.

I put all the food in the plates and serve them on the mat just outside our tent entrance so that we can sit comfortably inside while enjoying our food.

"It's done." I look up to see the fire that Ryan has made. I get up and jump a little, excited with the fire and heating my hands with the heat.

Ryan instantly lays back in the tent as it took him almost 1 hour to make the fire blows so I guess he's not even cold now. I just smile and continue to heat myself more before joining Ryan in the tent.

"Ryan, let's eat. You must be hungry." I pull his arm trying to get him sit up and he did.

I put some pasta into his plate and some sausages before handing it to him.

"Thank you." He says with a smile.

Then, I serve myself the pasta and salad and take a bite.

"You sure you cook this?" Ryan stops after finishing his first bite.

"Yes, why? Is it not good? Too salty or anything?" I ask him concernly as I'm afraid I made a bad dinner for him.

"No, it's actually really good. I thought you bought this." He continues and takes another bite.

"Ryan, you scared me!" I hit his shoulder and frown.

He laughs and says, "I was? Sorry, then. It's really good by the way. I don't know you can cook."

"I can but not that much option though. Just anything that I like and cook often. Other than that, I guess you win." Reminding how a good cook Ryan is, I reply to him.

"Oh, I just remembered that I can cook. But, I prefer yours." He says casually and continue with the rest of the food in his plate.

I smile and trust me, I just got butterflies in my stomach.

We talk and eat and just enjoy the presence of each other. After finishing the food, I put the case back into the basket and serve the fruits for desserts. I mean of course before we bake our own smores.

I am still eating 3 pieces of strawberry while Ryan already eats a bowl of grapes. He eats fast, I must say. He's an athlete though.

"Do you like smores or strawberries more for desserts?" He asks.

"I can't choose. I like both." I shrug.

Suddenly, he takes a steel stick, to grill the marshmallow on for smores, and stick one in that.

"Abby, look at this. I'll teach you another recipe to make a better smores."

Recipe? Smores doesn't even have recipe. We just kinda need to go with our feelings though.

He starts grilling the marshmallow and after a minute, he takes a biscuit and put the melted marshmallow on it, then some chocolate that I have chopped into small pieces and there it comes his secret recipe, strawberry. He legit just put a strawberry on the chocolate and then he put another biscuit to cover them up.

"Try it." He points the smores at me and when I try to take it with my hand, he pulls away. I frown and I see he means he wants to feed it to me. I roll my eyes a little but still lean forward to eat the smores, it's tempting.

But, being the playful Ryan, he pulls away the smores and kiss me instead.

"Ryan." I pout at him and knit my eyebrows together.

"Sorry, I'm just good at taking chances."

"I want my dessert."

"Okay, kiss me first. Then, I'll give it to you."

I shake my head, "You just kissed me. Now, give me the smores."

"No. Okay, then. I don't get my kiss, you won't get your smores."

I gasp at his reply and scrunch my nose.

"Okay, eat that. I can make one by myself." I said sulking, and ready to get up to grill my own marshmallow.

But, before I get to stand up, he grabs my wrist, "Okay, okay. You win. I'll give you this." Then, he hands the smores back at me.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"I'm serious this time! Here, eat this." He laughs at my reaction.

I then lean forward again to eat the smores from his hand. I widen my eyes when the taste hits me.

"It's good, right?" He smirks at me.

I nod and reply, "I can taste the sourness from the strawberry so it's not too sweet. It's actually a great combination."

He smiles proudly of himself for coming up with the idea.

Then, after finishing the smores in my mouth, I turn to look at Ryan who is still busy with grilling more marshmallow.

"Baby, look at me." I say.

It only took him a second to look at me when he hears me call him 'baby'.

I kiss him when turns but he didn't catch off guard, instead he instantly kisses me back.

I pull away, saying, "I get my smores, so you get your kiss. Fair and square."

"Okay, give me more then I'll give you more smores." He tries to kiss me again.

I push his chest before he manages to kiss me. "Your marshmallow is burning." I point my head in front of him.

"Yeah, right. I need to focus."