Chapter 54 ❤️ Not deserve this ❤️

Mr Xavier and William arrive exactly at 8 o'clock and I and Ryan are preparing the table when they arrive. I can see William shock face when he sees Ryan but they greet each other still. I try not to focus on them while I am talking to Mr Xavier because I can feel the intensity from Ryan who is beside me at the table and William who sits across from him. Maybe it's a bad idea.

"Oh, I almost forgot. This is Ryan. Abby's boyfriend. I hope you don't mind that I invited him too. I just thought it would be okay since Ryan is in the basketball team too so they must be friends."

William stops and raises his eyebrows at the 'boyfriend' word but proceeds to reply after his father. "Yup, it's totally fine. I'm good with Ryan here. Nice to see someone I know."

"You got a nice young man, Ms. Larson." Mr. Xavier says to me and nods while smiling to tease me and I just laugh it off.

Mr. Xavier starts to talk to us and I can see how friendly and talkative he is but in a good way. Like, it feels warm to listen to what he said and he always knows when to listen to others too.

"Hey, you guys can talk too. You are in the same team, right?" Mr Xavier tell William and Ryan since they have been quiet.

"It's not that we don't want to talk, but we literally meet each other every day that we don't know what to talk about. Right, Ryan?" William replies.

"Yeah, right. Kinda. But it's okay, we'll try to find a topic here. No worries." Ryan smiles to Mr. Xavier.

I look at Ryan and then William. They are literally talking with their eyes that I can't even read them.

We started to eat and talk to each other. Mom and Mr. Xavier were asking us about what happened at school and stuff. They promised to come to the basketball league though and I think that's a good news for all of us. William and Ryan manage to find topic to talk even though it's about their training and basketball basically. At least, they talk.

"So, how long has you guys been dating?" Mr. Xavier asks me and Ryan I suppose.

William shows his interest and look at us after his father's question.

"Not that long. But almost a month." Ryan speaks up.

"Oh, you're still new. Have you been friends for long? Because if I'm not mistaken, Ryan just moved here this year, right?"

"Yeah, we're childhood friends actually. I used to live here until I'm 6 before I move to New Jersey for my dad's job. But, after my father's pass, my mom and I decided to move back to our old house because it's still here."

"Oh, I see. So, your Mom works here now?"

"Yes, she's actually a businesswoman so it is quite flexible for her and she's been working for her new office now. It's almost done by the way."

"That's good to hear. Invite me when the office is done. I can call up some of my friends to get to know your mom's business."

"Sure thing. I'll talk to her about that."

*****

After dinner, Mom and I get our dishes to the kitchen and I prepare some teas for the guests.

I look at the dining table to see Ryan and William walk out to get some fresh air. Maybe to talk. I'm so curious that I want to eavesdrop but of course I can't.

"Let them be. I know you can guess what they will talk about. But don't worry, they are big enough to not cause any fight for something like that. Now, bring this to the living room." Mom hands me the tray with teas and cups on it. I just smile and try to hide my worriness.