Chapter 70 ❤️ Not telling the truth ❤️

"Ryan. You can. You just don't. I know it's hard but you need the closure, don't you? How long will you be going to avoid every football game in your life? Please, do it? For your Dad?" I hold both of his hands while looking up at him. Gosh, he's so tall, it might break my neck.

"But, I... I don't know if I can." He frowns.

I hold his cheeks. "Hey, look at me. Just try, okay? Remember all the good times you have playing football. The first time you play, the games you win, the hugs your Dad gave because he's proud of you. You can. And this might be the last chance you can play, not that you can at Sterling, right? So, please?"

His eyes soften as he looks at me. He puts his hand on mine that is holding his right cheek.

"But, what if I mess it up? It won't be so cool if I cry on the field, right?" His lips curl a little, trying to make a joke.

I scoff at his try and get back to hold his hands, "Yeah, it won't be so cool. But, how about this? You try for 5 minutes, and if you think you can't handle it, I'll be here, just find me. But, if you get the hang of it, just continue having fun. I'll still be here, watching you. Okay?"

He forms a little smile and rubs his thumbs on my knuckles.

"Okay, deal."

Just then, James comes back to us.

"Alright, they agreed right away. Let's go, I'll take you to the changing room." James lead the way.

Before Ryan follows him, he puts his hand on the back of my head and gives me kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be back." He says before he left for the changing room.

*****

I really believe he was lying when he said he doesn't want to play anymore.

It's already 25 minutes after he first starts playing and he looks... happy. He is so serious in the entire game. He plays as the quarterback, as what every football captain is good at. He gives me a smile a few times for a second and then back to focus on the game. I swear, he looks hot no matter in football or basketball. Luckily, I get to see both.

I take some pictures of him while he's playing so I can show and remind him that this sport still leaves good memories for him.

The coach blows the whistle, indicating that the game ends. I smile when I look how he just casually interacts with the other players like he has known them for years.

The players take their water bottles and start drinking. Oh, I should get him water and spare towel from his gym bag. Luckily he parked to their nearest spot to the field at the parking lot so I don't take that much time.

When I get back to the field, the players already walking to the bleachers for briefing from their coach. Which means, after this is their rest time for lunch.

Ryan spots me and jogs his way to me with a wide grin on his face.

I hand him the towel and a bottle of water when he reaches me. He thank me then wipes his sweats off and drink the water. Some of the other players are looking at our way so I try to be as natural as possible and not to be too intimate with Ryan. Well, he is sweating, not like I'll let him hug me though.

"Hye, and who is this young lady?" The coach greets us and we greet him back.

Ryan puts his hand on the low of my back before he says, "This is Abby, my girlfriend." He answers, enough for the others to hear it too.