George Weasley: Promised

Prompt: the war ended. and apparently so did the life you once knew. what you didn't know, is that the man who loved you hasn't ever stopped looking for you. all the characters who died in the movies, are still alive in this.
——————————-

"Hey, dad," You tiredly walked down the stairs of the cabin you and your stepfather, Remus, had slipped away to after the war. You both were exhausted, not to mention your stepmother, Nymphadora, had just had your younger step brother Teddy.

Your birth parents had been murdered when you were young as Voldemort had begun to rise for the war. Remus, who was your professor at the time, saw an opportunity to show his favorite, most hard working student just how much she meant to him. So he adopted you.

"Hello, dear, your father and I need you to watch over Teddy today, yeah? We have an important meeting to attend at the office."

"Okay," You smiled as your mother handed Teddy to you, who grinned up at you. "Hi, Teddy! You wanna play with your blocks or something?"

"Yes! Yes!" He exclaimed, clapping his small hands with excitement. Your parents kissed Teddy's head goodbye and did the same for you.

"We love you. Lock the door after we leave. Don't answ-"

"Don't answer the door to a knock because you two have keys and you won't need to knock," You nodded, making your parents smile. "I know. I love you guys."

"We love you too."

Just like that, they left, got in the car, and drove off. It's safe to say that your family had taken to a muggle lifestyle, and lived in the small town of Alfriston. Just to make sure there wasn't any chance of being traced.

The crime rate in the wizarding world skyrocketed after the war because of the fact that many of Voldemort's followers were either imprisoned or murdered. The argument was that they didn't have a choice, that their families were threatened and they had to join his army to keep them safe.

Which was a valid argument, but regardless of their heroic actions to save their families, many of those members still murdered those of the good side. Which deserved punishment regardless. So it's safe to say that there are riots and crimes being committed often.

As you would expect, after a war. It's not as perfect as everyone would have expected. It's real.

Distracting you from your thoughts, Teddy began building a large tower with the large, multicolored blocks that you had bought him for his third birthday. He had just begun to get curious about what he could do with his hands, so you bought him something that would encourage his brain to work and keep him the creative and curious boy he is.

"That's a beautiful tower, Teddy," You smiled, sitting on the floor with him. You began building your own tower with the blocks. You weren't allowed to use magic around Teddy until he was old enough to understand it safely. But, you couldn't help it when all of the blocks ran out and he gave you that puppy face.

With a swish of your wand, another large pile of blocks appeared between you two. Teddy squealed in excitement and clapped, absolutely beaming up at you. "Tank you!!"

"You're welcome, buddy," You kissed his head and stroked his soft blue hair, then watched lovingly as your little brother began picking up the blocks and adding to his tower. Only, one wrong misplaced blue block and the tower toppled over and the blocks exploded everywhere.

Instead of crying like you would expect, Teddy suddenly burst out laughing and eventually laid back on his back, still giggling. He must have thought that was hilarious. You laughed too.