George Weasley: Repairo

Prompt:  he sees you helping his mother, then something goes wrong and you panic...
——————————-

"Mum! Do you know where my beater's bat w- love? What are you doing?"

"Hey, Georgie," You turned to glance at him with a smile before returning your attention to the dishes in the sink. "I'm helping your mom with some chores so she doesn't have to do them on top of cooking and making sure no one gets hurt."

"Well, you look very much like a wife in this," George referred to the apron you were wearing while you washed dishes. "I don't even know what to do with myself. You're so cute."

"George," You grinned. "Wife?"

"Wife," He wrapped his arms around your waist and placed his chin on your shoulder, looking over it to watch you clean the dishes. "Wifey wife. Mrs Weasley. That sound good?"

"It does, Mr. Weasley," You replied with a heavy blush. You bit your lip. "That's not safe, mister. You're playing with my heart again."

"Aw, well good," He tickled you, causing you to drop a glass plate on the floor. The loud shatter startled you and you yelped, grabbing onto George tightly.

"Easy fix," He pointed his wand at the shards of glass on the floor. "Repairo."

"George," You gasped as you picked up the fixed plate. "That scared me so bad. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I had broken something of your mother's. I'd feel so bad. I love her so much."

"It's alright, love. It's fixed," George kissed your forehead. "I fixed it. No need to worry. Hey, whoah... darling, why are you shaking? What's wrong?"

"I just-" You got choked up. "I just want to be enough. I want your mother's favor so desperately. You mean so much to me but I know how close you two are and how important you are to each other."

"My love," He cupped your face in his hands and looked down at you concerned. "Is that why you're doing all these chores for her? And why you've been extra perky around her?"

"I just need her to like me..." You mumbled, then George pulled you in. "I need her to like me so I don't lose you."

"You won't lose me, flower. You're stuck with me. And if it makes you feel better, my mother always takes my opinions into account. And I love you. She's gonna see why I love you and she'll fall in love too. Because you're you. You don't have to try to be good enough, darling. You make me happy and that's all that's gonna matter to her."

"Okay," You muttered into his soft tee shirt. "I love you too, Georgie."

"Now, how about we finish these dishes together yeah? So we have time to watch the stars before you get too sleepy."

"I'm gonna fall asleep on you anyway," You reminded him as you both started washing the rest of the dishes together. "There's no preventing it."

"I know. And it makes me so happy when you do. Because then I'm holding my whole world in my arms."