Fred Weasley: In My Way || P1

Prompt: you're in probably the world's most toxic relationship. but you're stuck. and there's absolutely no way for you to get out of it. that is- until someone unwillingly witnesses your abuse. (tw: abusive relationship/physical abuse) {Holden Gray is my own character, thank you}

"Hello, love. I-"

SMACK!!

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

The crowd of Hufflepuff friends you were sitting with reluctantly fled the scene. None of them wanted to get caught in the crossfire.

You placed your hand gently to your cheek where you boyfriend had slapped.

"What did I do?"

"You sat with Potter at breakfast?! And I only found out because Pansy told me!"

"Holden, I'm sorry. I just... didn't want to sit alone. You weren't there."

"Yeah! I was getting some much needed sleep!" Holden scoffed at you. "When I'm not there you sit alone. Got it?! I don't want anyone thinking you're not mine. Do you?!"

"N-no, Holden, I'm sorry," You repeated your apology.

"Good," He huffed and sat on the chair across from you. A friend of his came up behind him and handed him a small green envelope. "What's this?"

"Slytherin party invitation," The guy smirked. "Apparently it's an all guys thing only."

"Really?" Holden raised an eyebrow, then turned to me with a pointing finger. "You'll stay in your common room. Got it? And if I hear you got all friendly with Diggory, there'll be a punishment. And you won't like it."

"I don't usually like them," You muttered under your breath.

"Excuse me? Are you talking back?" Holden sat up in his chair with a scowl. His friend behind him grinned and watched. "I hope you're not talking back to me!"

"I'm not," You quickly answered. "I'm just... talking to myself."

"Yeah, it's weird that you do that," He sat back in his chair with a disgusted look. "You're lucky you've got me. That's a very unattractive habit. Guarantee no one else would like you if they saw all of your weird habits."

"Anyway," His friend scoffed at you, then turned his attention back to Holden. "Apparently we'll be talkin women. You should be there. Maybe find another woman other than this sad excuse."

When are they going to leave you alone?

"Maybe not. This one lets me push her around. Kinda like how weak and submissive she is," Holden said. "But talking about other women sounds hot. I'll see you there tonight."

"Sounds good, mate."

"You," He pointed his finger at your face. And you hated the way that you flinched. "If I see or hear that you've been with either Potter or Diggory again- you will be in serious trouble. And I know some de-bruising spells. Keep that in your mind."

Holden stood up and waited. "Well? Are you gonna kiss me or what?"

Instantly you shot you from your chair and planted your lips onto his. Your body tensed the second his hands gripped your hips. A little too tight as well, there will definitely be fingerprints.

"You're a tempting little minx, aren't you?" Holden lowly growled. "If you behave tonight I might allow you a little fun tomorrow night. Alright?"

"Okay," You nodded. "L-love you..."

"Yeah," He turned and left the library while leaving you alone. Your cheek stung and you wondered if there was a hand shaped welt on your skin.

That's been the hardest he's ever hit you for a long time.

A lone tear drifted down your cheek as you sat back down in the chair you'd been sitting in. Your eyes scanned the textbook searching for the place you'd left off.

You had just begun reading again, distracting yourself from the internal and external pain, when a voice broke the silence.

"Hey... I just saw all of that. Are you... are you okay?"

———————————————————————

a/n: who do you think the voice is?? it's not who you think!