Fred Weasley: Backfired

Prompt: your prank backfires and ends in a painful injury for you. (tw: injury trauma)
—————-

You found it funny how those twin Weasley boys were always pranking people but when someone pranks them back it always backfires.

Which is what had happened to you. You attempted to prank Fred by dumping a bucket of water over his head from above him on a broom. Due to your poor grip on your broom to steady the bucket in your hands, you slipped off your broom and fell.

You landed on your leg strange whilst attempting to break your fall. You didn't break your fall. But you definitely broke something else. You felt it the second it happened and seemed to fall into shock as you lied on the grass in front of your panicking boyfriend.

Fred had rushed inside to grab his parents because he was unsure of what to do himself. Molly did as she knew how to do and warned you of the burst of pain you would have to endure in order for Molly to fix your leg.

It wasn't long before the other Weasley siblings wandered outside to watch what was happening.

Fred knealt down by your head and took your hand, telling you to squeeze the hell out of it instead of tensing up your leg. Molly gave you a count down from three and shouted a charm that instantly mended the broken bone in your leg.

You let out a loud and broken scream at the painful feeling and once the bone had been fixed, Fred pulled you into his chest as you sobbed and whimpered into his shirt.

"It's okay. It's over now. You did so good, darling. You're so strong. Come on. I'll carry you to bed."

Carefully, Fred lifted you up in his arms and followed his parents inside. Molly quickly supplied you with a little potion for pain management, then after you sucked it down Fred took you upstairs to the Twins' bedroom.

After placing you gently onto his bed, he climbed onto it next to you and pulled you to his chest. You held onto him desperately, still in so much shock of everything that happened.

Fred held you close as you processed everything. He knew you needed to feel safe and reassured as you came down from the shock. So that's what he did. Immediately feeling relief seeing that you had drifted off to sleep from the adrenaline rush.

You had to have felt safe enough with him to fall asleep on him. That alone meant the whole world to him.

———

a/n: it's currently 4:27am where I'm at. idk where this idea came from. maybe because I just got out of surgery only the day before yesterday and I'm dealing with the painful recovery.

but regardless, I posted. 🖤