Fred Weasley: Ouch

Prompt:  that time of the month... he's adorably oblivious
——————————-

"No, come on, really? Today?" You groaned and finished up in the bathroom and washed your hands, then pressed your cold and wet hands to your flushed cheeks. "Sometimes I hate being a woman."

Entering the hallway once again, the only plan you had on your mind was just to get to your bed and conjure up a heating pad. However, when you had made it to the bedroom door, is when your boyfriend and his twin brother spotted you retreating from the small dining table.

"Hey, love," Fred jumped up from his chair and jogged up to you. "You're all flushed and grumpy. What's the occasion?"

"I'm on my period, Fred," You replied snarkily. "I'm in pain and my stomach hurts and I'm pissed off and I just wanna go to bed."

"Oh, well," He frowned. "Would you like me to get you anything? Water? Pain medication?"

"I don't know," You groaned and stepped into the bedroom, climbed onto the bed, and just wrapped yourself up in the comforter with a soft whimper. George had peeked around Fred, equally as curious.

"I'm going to get you some medication for- cramping right? Is that what's bothering you? Ginny's dealt with this before many times and I remember her always being snappy because of her cramps."

"Yes, Fred, cramps," You told him. "Be quick. This hurts."

"I'll be right back," Fred planted a firm kiss on your head. "I promise."

You heard the woosh and crack of your boyfriend apparating out of the small flat. George had left too but came back with a glass of water and what looked like a slice of buttered toast on a plate. He set both on your nightstand and stood back a bit.

"Thought you'd like something to eat and drink," George said. "I don't know how to help and I'm positive Fred isn't any more educated than me on this subject. But I know that food and water can't hurt."

"Thank you, Georgie," You sat up and sipped the water and took a small bite from the toast, then laid back on the pillow. You cast a warming charm on your heating pad and before you could place it on your lower stomach, George questioned.

"What's that? And why's it so hot?"

"It's a heating pad," You explained and lifted the blanket and placed it on your abdomen so he could see. "They work miracles for cramps."

"So, you help the internal pain by burning your skin? You're bringing worse pain on yourself to ignore the internal pain?"

You couldn't help the laugh. "No, Georgie. They soothe the cramps. It's a bit like a hug for your body but for the cramps instead."

"Oh," He shrugged. "I still don't fully understand but I made you laugh so I'll consider it a success."

There was another loud crack and your boyfriend appeared right in front of the bed, a bottle of red potion in his hand along with a rather thick looking blanket.

"So, Mum loaded me with things. Both physical and informational," He began, setting the blanket down on the bed. He pulled the cork out of the potion bottle, filled a small cup with it, and handed it to you. "This is supposed to help with period things. Apparently it's a blood-stopper so you bleed less and it lessens the intensity of cramps. She said it tastes horrible."

"Yeah, I think she just found that out, Freddie," George snickered.

Just as Fred added that last sentence, you learned the potion tasted unpleasant. You squint your eyes shut and groan, then set the cup back on the nightstand. "That was disgusting."

"I know, but it's going to help you," Fred gravitated to the blanket he set down earlier, then pulled the comforter off of the bed, making you glare at him. "Easy, this one's better I promise. It retains the warming charm. A heating blanket of sorts."

"What?" You wrapped it around yourself, then Fred waved his wand and the blanket instantly started warming up. It felt like a hug. It was also so warm that you wouldn't be shocked if it started steaming from it's surface.

The relief it brought you accompanied with the potion that was already beginning to take effect, made you moan in content and snuggle further into the blanket. Fred laughed.

"My little burrito," He climbed onto the bed and pulled his shirt off. "You don't hate me anymore do you? Not gonna suffocate me in my sleep?"

"I don't hate you, Freddie. I never did," You turned over in the bed and snuggled into his chest. Fred felt the warm blanket and held you tighter.

"Blimey... we might keep this blanket, love," Fred said. "It's so cozy."

"And mine," You teased.

"Ah, see, but when we cuddle I feel it's effects too," Fred kissed your head. "We're sharing it."

"Thank goodness today is our off day, right?" George joked, thankful that on Sundays is when neither of you work and the shop is closed. "I'm meeting a few friends at the Three Broomsticks. So you two have fun."

"The only fun we'll be having is cuddling, mate," Fred replied. "Or sleeping. Likely both."

George left and shut the door behind himself. You cuddled into Fred's broad, muscular chest and traced the lines of old quidditch scars and childhood injuries along his skin. Soon you felt yourself growing drowsy.

"Sleepy, love?" Fred grinned and rubbed your back gently. "You deserve the rest. I'm not going anywhere. You can sleep."

"I was going to whether you told me to or not," You informed him, then looked up at him and gave him a sleepy kiss. Only making him laugh. "Shut up. I'm tired."

"Don't apologize. I think that's the cutest thing you've ever done second to wearing my clothes out in public."

"You let me. It's not even my choice anymore."

"Sleep, love," Fred urged you with another one of his classic Weasley grins. "I love you. But I need you to rest."

"I will," You yawned heavily. "I love you too, Freddie."

——

Sorry for the late update. I've been under a lot of stress what with my surgery in two days and final exams. But someone added this book of mine to 'not updated' and I felt like I should probably update. Sorry if these two chapters suck. I tried.